Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 09-01-2006, 09:04 AM   #1
Winter Wolf
Manshoon

Just by random chance, I went to the Bioware site and found out. Not that I suspect many will be jumping on it just yet, if they use CEP, since it wasn't updated last time I checked, oh about five minutes ago.

And while I have anyone's attention, would you know of a reliable place offhand that would ship software to mainland China? I have a copy of NWN plus expansions that I got here in-country, and surprise-surprise, it's pirated. And just so everyone knows and doesn't go around randomly pinning accusations, the only difference between the store-bought copies of software and the stuff on the street is the price, they're all bootlegged. Bloody pirates! I could, in theory, ask a family member or friend in the states to get a copy for me and mail it over, but it's less of a hassle all-round just to buy it online. Alas! No one who's selling will ship to China, most likely for someone's fear of it being used to make even more pirated copies. Despite have a sub-par machine to run NWN on, I'd still like to see what the online multiplayer scene is like. The quest continues!

Oh, and if anyone does update to 1.68, could ya let me know if you're getting more crashes to desktop than usual? Mine's kind of sketchy that way.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:09 AM   #2
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Don't have any game buying advice but I updated to 1.68 and haven't seen any more crashes than usual. At least not yet- only had it a few days.

[ 09-01-2006, 09:09 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 09-01-2006, 12:57 PM   #3
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

What's new with 1.68? Have they fixed the getting stuck in doorways? Or turning 360 degres on the spot for no reason? etc etc
Old 09-02-2006, 12:38 AM   #4
Winter Wolf
Manshoon

Full 1.68 patch info here:

http://nwn.bioware.com/support/patchdetails168.html

Also listed below, if you don't fancy clicking the link.

1.68 Patch Details

Warning! As of this patch, all modules created/saved with the version 1.68 toolset are tagged as requiring version 1.68 or higher of neverwinter nights game or toolset.

If you don't want to brand your module as 1.68 then do not edit your module in the version 1.68 toolset.

If you want to go back to 1.67, we have a 1.68 to 1.67 patch available.
Neverwinter Nights Game

* Added visible cloaks to the game.
* Fixed an issue with the Monk's Perfect Self feat not correctly reporting that the monk was immune when making saving throws against mind-affecting spells (was making Phantasmal Killer work on monks if they failed their saving throws).

Scripting-specific

* Fixed an issue with the sleep spell not being counted as a hostile action when cast (nw_s0_sleep.nss).
* Fixed range issue in spell "Mestil's Acid Breath" (X2_S0_AcidBrth.nss).

Neverwinter Nights Aurora Toolset

* Fix to CopyObject() so that copied creatures now run their OnSpawn script.
* Enabled PLT support for visible cloaks.
* Fixed an issue with GetIsSkillSuccessful() not working correctly under Linux/Mac.
* Fixed an issue with SetLockUnlockDC() and SetLockLockDC() being reversed in nwscript.nss. Any scripts calling these scripting functions will need to be recompiled for the changes to take effect.
* Fixed an issue with ActionCastSpellAtObject() not working for Paladin spells.
* Made a change to hopefully fix some potential issues with the client losing some appearance/phenotype update messages when using the SetPhenoType() scripting command.

Custom Content

* Added new scripting command:

// Set oPlaceable's useable object status.
// Note: Only works on non-static placeables.
void SetUseableFlag(object oPlaceable, int nUseableFlag);

* Added new nwnplayer.ini setting.

[Game Options] Log Model Errors=0

If turned on, some types of model errors will be logged out to the nwclientLog file and the AR_ERROR.LOG file while the game is running (in the NWN install directory). This would include some errors with setting invalid TileSet data, invalid use nodes set on placables, some placeable walkmesh errors, and some errors with the animrootnode not matching the name of other nodes in the model.
* Wings now use the ENVMAP setting from the new column in the WingModel.2da rather than using the ENVMAP setting from the appearance.2da. This fixes some issues with transparency on wings.
* Tails now use the ENVMAP setting from the new column in the TailModel.2da rather than using the ENVMAP setting from the appearance.2da. This fixes some issues with transparency on tails.