Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 01-15-2006, 10:56 AM   #11
Redcodekevin
Dungeon Master

Last time (this week) I foud a new technique to get to the bridge REALLY quick and start the battle from there (a well-placed bottleneck, by the way). Sanctuary is the keyword, but after you get past the first orcs.
Old 01-15-2006, 02:31 PM   #12
Magness
Quintesson

Redcode, I've never really found the need to use any sort of invisibility to get to the bridge in a hurry. Just blow thru the initial set of orcs, then stay along the edge of the river and head straight to the bridge.

Of course, if might depend in how many you have in the party. If you have a full party, you can use a couple of characters as rear guards, while you send the rest of the party in to attack the bridge's defenders. This is what I usually do. Of course, it also helps to use a summons or 2 or perhaps a charm spell to add some more warm bodies to help out and keep any enemies in your rear or on your flank occupied for a while.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 05:18 PM   #13
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

A little OT, but I also really loved the Targos Palisades battle in IWDII, one of the best low-level CPRG encounters I have seen.
Old 01-15-2006, 05:28 PM   #14
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I like the pre battle, using the different classes to encourage and motivate, I've restarted the game tons JUST for that area to see the dialogue choices.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 06:58 PM   #15
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

True, the way the different classes (and sub classes for Clerics), not to mention Drow, get unique dialogue choices is cool. And it is pretty well rewarded to RP with dialogue from an EXP point of view as well.
Old 01-15-2006, 07:37 PM   #16
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Yep, IWD2 is my favourite Infinity Engine game in regards to EXP rewards (dying to play PST), it really creates an incentive to roleplay and be creative IMO.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote