Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 08-11-2011, 12:29 PM   #11
Azred
Drow Priestess

Ironworks Forum Re: NWN2: Is it Worth Getting?

*poof* Thread necromancy!

I just got NWN2 last weekend and installed it on the laptop. I haven't gotten out of the tutorial yet, but then I don't play very much or for very long. Still...so far I like it.

The fact that I just now got it isn't the ridiculous part. The ridiculous part is that I also just got the expansion packs for NWN1, a game I never finished--never even made it out of the city, all 4 times I played it. *shrug*

I'm a little behind the times on games. I still don't even have Fallout 3 or its expansions.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:08 PM   #12
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Default Re: NWN2: Is it Worth Getting?

Azred, since my initial post and eventual game play I reinstalled and played again. I really enjoy this game. The sequel Mask of the Betrayer is really, really good and creatively different. However, I couldn't get into the Storms of Zehir.

Like you I'm way behind games. I picked up Dragon Age: Origins just this spring and I have yet to finish (need to restart; NPC builds were all messed up). I figure however that this gives time for the inevitable final patch to be released and available when I install whatever game I am behind on.

Last edited by Albromor; 08-12-2011 at 05:10 PM.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:00 PM   #13
Jorath Calar
Harper

I wanted to play it again recently, however I have a weird problem, in some areas some layers of the graphics seem to be missing, I can't see any characters, just their shadows and some of the underlaying of the scenery... not sure how to describe but it really sucks.

I loved Mask of the Betrayer.
Anyone played Storm over Zehir and is it worth getting?
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:26 PM   #14
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

If you're running a Nvidia card this is a mapping issue. Update your drivers and Directx.

MoTB is the only one worth playing IMO. Storm of Zehir is different - inferior if you ask me. Get it if you find a bargain, although I got bored within an hour.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:30 PM   #15
Jorath Calar
Harper

Ah thanks on the mapping issue.

Update... that old magic word

I never seem to think of that when a game doesn't work... specially when it's an older game and my (rather old) rig can play newer games without any problems.
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 04:37 PM   #16
Azred
Drow Priestess

Ironworks Forum Re: NWN2: Is it Worth Getting?

The only problem I encountered thus far was that my game would crash when I would exit the Sunken Flagon; it would also crash if I even clicked on the door leading out.

I updated the game, updated my device drivers, then edited the On-Click script for the door and changed the SinglePartyTransition code to JumpPartyToArea and now it works, even though I have to confirm the party configuration.

I don't have a mage right now so I will try dumping Elanee for Qara so I can test crafting items other than potions, traps, armor, and weapons. No one has really high levels in those so it isn't like I am creating the good items but a little patience should pay off ultimately.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:49 AM   #17
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorath Calar View Post
I wanted to play it again recently, however I have a weird problem, in some areas some layers of the graphics seem to be missing, I can't see any characters, just their shadows and some of the underlaying of the scenery... not sure how to describe but it really sucks.

I loved Mask of the Betrayer.
Anyone played Storm over Zehir and is it worth getting?
I thought the Mystery of Westgate expansion was better than Storm of Zehir.

Storm of Zehir wasn't bad, just wasn't as good as MotB, Mystery of Westgate or even the OC. Still I did have fun with it - EVEN if the spawn rate on the overland map encounters can be a major pain in the butt.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote