Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-22-2001, 10:46 PM   #1
zNOVAz
The Magister

Ok, I have a problem, my girlfiend is bewing heavily harrased by her ex who lives 200 miles away, he has done so much shit to her like deleting email accounts and AIM stuff, he tried to blame it all on other people but it blew up in his face and hes just such an ass! Anyways this has been goign on for a while and I could really use some help from anyone knowing how to maybe get him back or something, any help would be extremly apreciated, I am all out of ideas and choices.

------------------
Ned,, your so crazay
Old 09-22-2001, 11:02 PM   #2
G'kar

Quote:
Originally posted by zNOVAz:
Ok, I have a problem, my girlfiend is bewing heavily harrased by her ex who lives 200 miles away, he has done so much shit to her like deleting email accounts and AIM stuff, he tried to blame it all on other people but it blew up in his face and hes just such an ass! Anyways this has been goign on for a while and I could really use some help from anyone knowing how to maybe get him back or something, any help would be extremly apreciated, I am all out of ideas and choices.

Hmmm total avoidance is the only advice i can give. Change all passwords, new email adresses and the like. If this individual has hackin skillz, download some security/encryption software to protect passwords and the like. Short of a restrianing order, Ignoring and avoiding the harrassment will probably make it go away. Give it time. And if this person makes any sort of violent threats, ect. Contact the police. Dont give that kinda behavior any room to maneuver.
Responding to it is asking for more, end it by not playing the game. Just my two sense worth, Good luck.

------------------
Peace be with you

Old 09-22-2001, 11:21 PM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

zNOVAz, Not a good idea to ask for help hacking ANYTHING. Nobody can or will give that sort of info here... it's illegal.

I'd go with G'kar's advice, it's very good and the best way to take care of the problem. A good firewall should keep the ex out and protect your girlfriend's information. Try Black Ice Defender, lots of us use it and I've heard it's tough to hack.

Cloudbringer

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-22-2001, 11:29 PM   #4
zNOVAz
The Magister

well I did nto know what to really say, he lives in canada and we are in ny, ignoring it does not help because he always finds more ways to do something.
Old 09-22-2001, 11:36 PM   #5
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:

Call the authorities in his town and have them investigate it. If he is deleting/accessing items that are not his then they could probably get him on theft or something like that.

Other than that, I would follow the other advice already given. Ignore him...he probably keeps harrassing her b/c she may continue to give in to the harrassment...if she does not notice the harrassment then it loses it's appeal.

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!
Old 09-23-2001, 02:32 AM   #6
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Quote:
well I did nto know what to really say, he lives in canada and we are in ny, ignoring it does not help because he always finds more ways to do something.
Bloody Canadians!!!!!!!

Old 09-23-2001, 04:24 AM   #7
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:

I am always interested in HOW exactly they do that from 200 miles away? you girlfriend must had offered some clues unwillingly back then.
sometimes, it doesnt not take so much skill to hack computer, they exploit your brain

what other dmg has he done to her computer? this guy seems to only have access to whats on the "internet" not her computer, which makes me think he might not really be a hacker. he could just KNOW the password, thats it.

try make a new email address, consult some experts and live a happy life
Old 09-23-2001, 05:08 AM   #8
Epona
Zartan

Don't take revenge - or dwell on inventing acts of revenge. It would make you no better than him! Also these things usually have a way of backfiring.
Report him to his ISP perhaps? Get him in trouble for what he has done to her, don't sink to his level.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 09-23-2001, 02:34 PM   #9
zNOVAz
The Magister

In reply to a number of questions: He just meesed up all her email, AOL. ICQ, MSN and stuff, but he has not been online or anything lately and has not replied to any emails so I think that its done. But if it does happen again authorities is where I going to go to.

Thanks everyone

------------------
Ned,, your so crazay
Old 09-23-2001, 02:43 PM   #10
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
In reply to a number of questions: He just meesed up all her email, AOL. ICQ, MSN and stuff, but he has not been online or anything lately and has not replied to any emails so I think that its done. But if it does happen again authorities is where I going to go to.

Thanks everyone

I think this "hacker" doesnt know shit, good luck with it!
there are also some remote program that allows a machine to write down exactly what is being typed on the other machine. that might be how he got the password

consult some security experts