Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 12-22-2002, 09:15 PM   #1
Sythe
Ra

I think bards are the worst class but I don't hate em much. The class I hate so much that makes me so angry (well not angry) is the one and only goody goody 2 shoes the cop the enforcer the PALADIN. I Hate I hate em I hate em they should all DIE!!!!!! [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img] (well probaly not all of em dyin) But cmon I cannot understand a few of you are so happy playing the Paladin. They are not Flexible like rubber I mean cmon the only alinment you can pick for them is "Lawful Good" Now I think I would like them better if you can pick another alinment like Neutral or Evil. (Thats why I rarely I create a class with alingment restrictions) In my opinion Paladins are not good all All the time. For example lets say you have a huge bag of golden coins you must deliver em to the king (a bag of gold coins the king? You say well think of the king as poor) Along the way you meet a begger he begs for gold. Are you going to give the begger some gold or stick ur head up and walk away. Walk away of corse thats what PALADINS do (Whoa whoa Hold it Skythe thats not true. Thats another alinment) Woop my mistake but well the Paladin my give a coin or 2. But I once heard from a post long ago a palaidn would just walk away and another person replied to that post and said the paladin wouldn't then those 2 started bickering! Overall I hate Paladins no fense to all you Paladin lovers out there. But I must admit Paladins are nice (GAG) in their only Paladinly sorta way.
Old 12-22-2002, 09:35 PM   #2
Black Paladin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I personally disagree Paladins are my fav class!

the class that i hate would be bards they are useless (no offence to any bards
out there)
Old 12-22-2002, 10:27 PM   #3
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Mages, and Sorcerers. I dislike spells that kill. So Imoen always gets degraded to a Party-buffer.
Old 12-22-2002, 10:31 PM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

You must remember that "Lawful Good" is just as extreme an alignment as "Chaotic Evil". I think all Paladins have to fight with that in themselves. Going back to the bag of coins question and the beggar, the "Lawful" thing to do would be to deliver the coins intact to the king, ignoring the beggar (that would actually be Lawful Neutral), while the "Good" thing to do would be to give the beggar some of the coins, breaking your promise in doing so (which would be more in accordance with Neutral Good). This is the dilemma that the Paladin has to face in every single one of his/her actions. I'd say that the "Lawful Good" action would be to give the beggar some of the coins, and then obtain work to make up the difference to bring to the king.

It is this moral dilemma, the difference between "Lawful" and "Good" that really makes up the character of the Paladin, and why the class is so extremely difficult to play.

I would think a similar moral dilemma would exist in the Druid classes, playing the True Neutral role in its most perfect sense of utter balance between the forces of Law and Chaos, Good and Evil. I also find the Druid the most difficult class to play for that reason.

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 12:37 PM   #5
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:

I would think a similar moral dilemma would exist in the Druid classes, playing the True Neutral role in its most perfect sense of utter balance between the forces of Law and Chaos, Good and Evil. I also find the Druid the most difficult class to play for that reason.

-Sazerac
yep im playing druid shapeshifter now. its hard to be goody goody two shoes and be an as$h@le at the same time [img]smile.gif[/img]

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 12:48 PM   #6
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

So if ur a druid is it bad to become totally good, with a high reputation?
slicer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 12:55 PM   #7
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by slicer15:
So if ur a druid is it bad to become totally good, with a high reputation?
Yup, you got it. Remember that Druids are totally Neutral, they believe that no force (good or evil) should be stronger, so that balance is restored.

I doubt that I have any real hate-class. I mean, all become very powerful, but there are some classes that I dislike to play more than other. These classes are Druids and miscellaneous kits. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 01:24 PM   #8
Alson
Galvatron

I loathe single classed Clerics.

Geez! So many spells, so many slots, yet so little truly effective ones...
Makes me sick!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote