Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-20-2004, 01:13 PM   #1
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Some of you may remember that I had a major surgery last year to reverse an ostomy and "put my system back together again" (an operation I dubbed the "Humpty Dumpty Procedure" ). Unfortunately, this past year has been a very difficult one and my Crohn's Disease has become much more active. I am currently enduring the worst "flare up" I've had in years.

A visit to my gastroenterologist confirmed that the Crohn's is raging out of control once again. His recommendation was to remove the remaing portion of colon I have left in order to get rid of the diseased area. After a brief discussion and lots of prayer, my wife and I agreed that another surgery would actually be for the best.

So I will be going back to St. Joseph's in Atlanta in two weeks (January 3) to have my fifth major surgery for the Crohn's Disease. The surgeon will remove the last remnant of colon and I will have an ostomy again. The only difference is that - this time - the ostomy will be permanent.

The members here were fantastic last year with the support and encouragement offered and I know the response will be the same again. Just as I did last year, I am providing a link to St. Joseph's website that will allow those who wish to send an email message to me while I am at St. Joseph's (yes, this IS a blantant and shameless solicitation )

You can send an email at this link ---> St. Joseph email for patients

I want to thank all of you for the support you gave last year and the encouragement I know you will give this time around.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:23 PM   #2
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Good luck and God bless Cerek.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:28 PM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Cerek, I know it was a rough decision, but I also know how much thought and prayer went into and I'm sure it's the right one. God Bless you and your surgeons. [img]smile.gif[/img] We'll be thinking of you at our house in two weeks and hoping all goes well.

Speedy recovery and a good start to the New Year, my friend.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:31 PM   #4
Lady Sedai
Banned User

Cerek, dear, not only will you get prayers, well-wishes and email from me and mine but...

would you like a visit also?

It just so happens that me and mine live about 1/2 an hour from Atlanta. If you want some live, in-person IW cheering up, PM me and we'll make some arrangements to come by and give your spirits a boost. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 12-20-2004, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: Lady Sedai ]
Old 12-20-2004, 01:32 PM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Some of us suffer so much in life while others get everything they want and seem to never have any troubles at all. Is it fair is a question I have asked myself many times. The good news for those that suffer like you do is that you know clearly what awaits you at the finish line of the race.

Good luck to you during your surgery and hositpal stay!
Old 12-20-2004, 01:44 PM   #6
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Cerek, I hope all goes well in your sugery and recovery. I will send you emails when you get there [img]smile.gif[/img] recover quickly and return to us here *hugs*
Old 12-20-2004, 02:19 PM   #7
Lavindathar
Harper

Good luck with the surgery Cerek, hope your fighting fit again soon.

Please could someone tell me what Crohn's Disease is, as I have never heard of it before.

Old 12-20-2004, 02:46 PM   #8
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
Good luck with the surgery Cerek, hope your fighting fit again soon.

Please could someone tell me what Crohn's Disease is, as I have never heard of it before.

http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/crohns/
Old 12-20-2004, 03:27 PM   #9
Soothsayer
Dungeon Master

Hope you recover well, and rise to fight once more

A hero is a man who is afraid to run away, whose worst fear is surrender
Old 12-20-2004, 03:29 PM   #10
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Good luck, Cerek. May the surgery go well, and may the life after it go even better.

How long will you be in Atlanta?

In any case, God speed and God guide.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.