Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 05-17-2005, 08:47 AM   #1
bladedog
Dungeon Master

Hi guys, came across a strange situation today.

I had rescued Glymph from Bayjin before having been asked to. On the way back I decided to collect RFS-81, which Glymph wasn't happy about but never mind.

Went back to the Umpani base camp, where Balbrak gave me the security pass and I headed off to see Yamir.

I went through all the text, got all the experience, and ended the conversation.

Usually one of the party comments on Yamir's dialog in a positive way, but this time RFS-81 spoke up saying "RFS-81 compiling log on Umpani leader. Amending previous files. Resetting hostility rating to zero.", whereapon all the Umpani in the room went hostile!!!!

We were only level 15 and got mashed by the 5 top level Umpani.

I've never seen this before, but since I don't really follow a set pattern in the game, I don't know for sure that I have ever taken RFS-81 in there before.

Anyone else seen this?
bladedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 08:53 AM   #2
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

Sorry, I can't help.

I always have RFS-81 with me when I return Glumph to Yamir and I never discovered this. And I made it very often in numerous games.

[img]graemlins/monster5.gif[/img]

Edit : Maybe it is unimportant but ... : I always rescued Glumph with RFS-81 in my party.

[ 05-17-2005, 09:31 AM: Message edited by: Loudhy ]
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 09:13 AM   #3
SpitBall
The Magister

I'm pretty sure I had RFS-81 with me when I took Glumph back to the Base Camp - nothing like that happened. I think I rescued him before I was given that mission, too - but Yamir acted non-chalant about it.
SpitBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 10:39 AM   #4
bladedog
Dungeon Master

I've played this thing through about 6 times so far and I'm sure I took RFS-81 in there too.

Oh well, another W8 oddity, its what keeps us coming back.

Funny though, I was like "WTF??????" as 5 Umpani with a combined 1500+ hit points stood in a circle and took pot-shots at my party, with Yamir berserking in the middle. Strangely Glumph was only there for a round or two, then just completely disappeared. They killed my two spell caster first, otherwise I'd probably had portalled out.
bladedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 11:12 AM   #5
SpitBall
The Magister

I haven't been to the Base Camp for a while, but last time I was there, I had a tough time even walking around because there were so damn many Umpani hanging around. It would be quite a fight to get out of there alive.

Same with the Rapax Castle - its so thick with friendly Rapax, if they ever went hostile, I'd be toast.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:34 AM   #6
TobyWan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Found this bug listed on Samurai Jack's Wiz8 page:

Glumph was originally meant to leave your party and attack you when you try to enter an area he doesn't want to go to (especially Marten's Bluff). However, instead of doing so, he just gets mad in his dialogue and won't let you go into the area. Later though, he will attack you when you return him to Yamir. To workaround this, don't take him to areas he doesn't want to go, or even try to. If he already hostiles when he you try to boot him, simply knock him out by running too much and dismiss him while he's unconscious. He will continue to be unconscious when he leaves, and you can then run out of Yamir's room to make him disappear before he attacks you.
TobyWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 06:36 AM   #7
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

TobyWan: I can't believe this. I often take the teleporter in martens bluff to reach umpani base. Glump never attacked when i delivered him.
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 09:19 AM   #8
TobyWan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Wereboar: Good point. But there is too much co-incidence here that bears further investigation. Perhaps it only happens when you don't teleport?
TobyWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 10:38 AM   #9
SpitBall
The Magister

Well, I don't know about Glumph, but I portal through the Rapax Castle with Vi - just to stop in at Ferro's. If I'm fast enough, I can get the hell out of there before she starts complaining. So, maybe if you transit the region that Glumph does not like very quickly, he doesn't trip into the attack mode.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:38 AM   #10
Sinteuil
The Magister

I've also noticed that if you take RPC's places they don't want to go, they don't always notice right away and their stats won't be hexed right away either... so it's possible that Glumph just didn't have enough time to realise where you'd taken him before you teleported back to the base camp.
Sinteuil is offline   Reply With Quote