Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2002, 01:46 AM   #1
paret
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Cannot get past a Toad in the tunnel where you have to go up the ladder to Shinwiki, it is as if he is frozen in that spot. He keeps walking but not moving from there. Cannot get past him at all tried jumping but no luck. paret@optusnet.com.au
paret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 08:12 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, paret!!!

This is a common problem. Sometimes installing the patch will solve this problem - SOMETIMES. I personally prefer to run the game without the patch so don't rush off and download it. Check the BEST TIPS thread for the post which explains what it fixes and what it removes from the game.

TOAD - SOLUTION:
Blow him away. Make certain that there are no other toads around to see you do this and you have to take him out in ONE blow/spell!
Save your game first!
If you manage to wipe him out in one blow, none of the other toad will get upset with you and you can continue with the game!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 04:23 PM   #3
paret
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Wyvern:
Welcome to the board, paret!!!

This is a common problem. Sometimes installing the patch will solve this problem - SOMETIMES. I personally prefer to run the game without the patch so don't rush off and download it. Check the BEST TIPS thread for the post which explains what it fixes and what it removes from the game.

TOAD - SOLUTION:
Blow him away. Make certain that there are no other toads around to see you do this and you have to take him out in ONE blow/spell!
Save your game first!
If you manage to wipe him out in one blow, none of the other toad will get upset with you and you can continue with the game!

Wyv

Thanks for your help, I am just a new player with Wizards and Warriors never got a manual with the game when I bought it for Christmas. so have to work out how to give potions or use them, could you help me with that.
Old 02-14-2002, 08:19 PM   #4
koolaidfreeservecouk
The Magister

A non-sanguine alternative is to cast the moon magic spell 'vanish'. This should teleport you to another area of the complex. if luck is with you then you may teleport behind the annoying toadster.

Mentally yours,
si
koolaidfreeservecouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 09:10 AM   #5
Detah
Dungeon Master

To use an item (like a potion), click the use/give icon on the left side of your screen. The menu at the bottom left of your screen now allows you to scroll up/down thru all the items in your inventory. Click 'use' first. Now scroll until you find the item that you want. Now put your cursor over the character that you wish to heal. Hold down the Ctrl button and click the left mouse button. That character will now consume the potion.

To give an item (like the magic elixir for Mekdawa), again click the use/give icon, click 'give', scroll to find the elixir, then put your cursor over Mekdawa and left click. {Ctrl+left click forces the use/give command to work regardless if the target is a friend or foe}.

NOTE: in the case of the magic elixir, dont leave Mekdawa until he says 'Mekdawa need this. Toads need this. You are Ukabu.' Only then can you know you 'solved' the town quest. If you run off before he says this, you may not get credit for the quest.

Detah

[ 02-15-2002: Message edited by: Detah ]

Detah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 09:35 AM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by paret:

Thanks for your help, I am just a new player with Wizards and Warriors never got a manual with the game when I bought it for Christmas. so have to work out how to give potions or use them, could you help me with that.

There is a manual on the CD!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2002, 04:32 AM   #7
paret
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks all of you guys who replied. this old biddy did not look properly on the installing and info, found all the info i needed after I put in the request. found the manual and printed it out. worked out the toad village saga. I just reset the adventure and kept all the good stuff. thanks guys
Old 02-17-2002, 09:52 AM   #8
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

YAY!!!!