Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2005, 10:15 PM   #11
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

You can make it to Arnika at level 2, I did it. But you have to be damned lucky (Gregor) and run alot (I did it without training). It was a 4-party. - Z. -
Old 03-24-2005, 11:05 PM   #12
babar
Manshoon

i've done it too, except mine was all 6 chars and imported so the stats and skills were higher. Having a t'rang stun rod didn't hurt, either. I think the worst is getting past the small spiders to open the gate.

That was the first/only time I ever seen red plants or whatever the wimpy version of crimson poppies is.
babar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 11:51 AM   #13
vesselle
Hathor

holding at level 4 works great for me.
once outside the monastery, i just race to the thief chest and hug the left wall along arnika road, picking up the amulet. the trip takes only a few moments, using "fast" run. then i hit arnika's fountain, admire the bubbles with smiley faces, run to the temple and apply all my leftover levels.

my second time thru the game, with the Blonde Brigade, i applied all my levels in the monastery and got over 36 poison seekers in the moat before talking to Mr Roboto! eek!!! that was awful!

[img]smile.gif[/img]

V***V

[ 03-27-2005, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: vesselle ]
Old 03-29-2005, 09:54 AM   #14
SpitBall
The Magister

Just discovered in the Gigas Caves that recruiting lower level NPC's can make a serious difference in what monsters you get. Almost as good as holding a level or two, but without doing so.
Old 03-30-2005, 04:00 AM   #15
hayaku
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hahahaha...... and I thought the piercer modai were hard?
just hit level 12, now I get juggernauts on Arnika-Trynton road...

though surprisingly they didn't give me to much trouble.
hayaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 06:52 AM   #16
bladedog
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by hayaku:
hahahaha...... and I thought the piercer modai were hard?
just hit level 12, now I get juggernauts on Arnika-Trynton road...

though surprisingly they didn't give me to much trouble.
Level 12 lucky you. I thought I was seeing things when I ran full pelt into a fight on the Arnika/Trynton road and realised "oh hell these aren't modai theyre juggernauts". Two groups within minutes of each other with a level 10/9 party (FIG/FIG/ROG = 10, RAN/PRI/MAG = 9). All I can say is thank Phoonzang for Potions of Superman and a ROG armed with Bloodlust!!!!!
bladedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 09:36 AM   #17
SpitBall
The Magister

Juggernauts were no worse than any Modai - type creature. Just get into a crevice and hack them up. Don't know how a Magick oriented party would deal with them - I can only imagine.

Dealing with the "Barudas" down in the underwater adventure as of the moment. Much tougher! Groups of 9, each one with 4 attacks per round - they can reduce a Fighter with nearly 200 HP to bones in a single round. No crevices in the watery graves, either.
SpitBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 10:58 AM   #18
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

Juggernauts are no problem for magic heavy parties. With several offensive casters, they are dead after three rounds of group/ball/cone spells (from a crevice). And insanity is very effective against them.
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote