Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2002, 10:07 AM   #61
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

lol, when u said that Lady G had gone out for a run Att, I didnt expect anyone to post on here until she got back... I dont s'pose you could possibly maybe post some more? pretty please? [img]tongue.gif[/img] thanks in advance.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 11:44 AM   #62
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

I'MM BAAACK:

He found himself back at that underground river, with the arms and armor in his grasp. He quickly donned the armor, and, after making several passes with the scimitars, sheathed them, and after a final look around, trotted off puposefully. In the dimness of the Underdark, he did not notice the disembodied eye that floated along behind him, dogging his every move.

Galadria followed him with the eye until he came to a steep cliff. He seemed to make some signal, and a rope ladder descended to him, which he rapidly climbed. She found that the Eye could not get up the cliff. Magically warded, she assumed.
Several hours passed, then Chorania suddenly sat rigidly upright. "They are calling, abbil." she said urgently. "Shall we answer? It might be a trap."
"So it might," her Mistress replied, rather sourly, "but we are here on a chance. If it prove an ambush, I shall get us out, fast." She pronounced a spell that would send Chorania's semblance to the site of the signal.
Chorania closed her eyes, and immediately found herself amid a group of draggled, desperate appearing drow males. She immediately recognized the one that she had sent, by his new armor. "Hail, H'rad," she proclaimed. "I have received your signal. Do you have word for me?"
The drow smiled rather thinly. "Indeed, Mistress Chorania, I do. Here is the one that you seek."
A drow male that had beeen rather holding back now came forward. "Calith!" she breathed. "It is indeed you."
Her brother, who had been intently staring at her, replied slowly. "Yes, Chorania, it is I. But, I can tell that this is not you in the flesh. How do I know that you are not some evil phantom sent by Lolth to tempt me forth?"
"You do not," she replied, dizzy with relief. Her semblance hugged him to her, and so great was Galadria's magic that she actually seemed to feel cloth beneath her hands and the muscle and bone beneath. Too much bone, she thought. She drew back and fixed him sternly in her gaze. "Calith, you are too thin. Are you not eating enough? You need more muscle if you are going to fight the drow of the city, let alone Lolth. Trust me now, as you used to. My Mistress has brought supplies and weapons for you. Will you not meet with her? She is kindly and good, my best friend, even counting you."
The assembled drow laughed, rather nervously. "Truly," Calith replied, "your years on the surface have changed you, Chorania, if it indeed be you. You seem soft, and speak of trust and kindliness, not like a drow woman at all, especially not a Priestess. But, indeed, I remember our talks when we were small, and I know that you would value these things, if your Surfacer Mistress indeed offered them.
"You make me envious, and, indeed, we could use these supplies that you mention. We eat less well than we would like, and our weapons are limited to what we can steal. Certainly the things that you gave H'rad are quality stuff. And, I cannot think only of myself, for we have children among us. Does that surprise you? Some female slaves escaped and joined us. So, yes, I shall meet with your Mistress, and hope that it is not a trap, or, indeed, a dream, for I have dreamt of you often, my sister. Tell her that a few of us shall meet you by the river where you took H'rad, for I dare not call more attention to this, our refuge."
Chorania found herself smiling. "Yes, Calith, it shall be as you say. In an hour, then, my brother." She opened her eyes, then, and was back among her friends.
"Well, Cho," Noemi asked eagerly, "how did it go? Was it your brother?"
Chrania shifted her smile to the little redhead. "Indeed it was, m'zint to, and glad I was of the sight." She turned to her Mistress. "Abbil, did you hear all of that?"
Galadria returned her look of delight. "Yes, indeed, Cho, and we shall be there as you said. But, first, let me set out some wards." The dark mage went aside and began casting spells..
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 02:01 PM   #63
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Still great G. [img]smile.gif[/img] Don't forget to post a copy at once upon a paper as well (and I suggest checking out your welcome thread along the way).
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 04:12 PM   #64
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

hmm, something doesnt seem right... seems almost to easy... ah well, keep posting
Old 10-20-2002, 04:50 PM   #65
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Hi, Velkyn. Hope that you think that Cho is acting more like a Drow, though not a High Priestess. BTW, I have a welcome thread? [img]graemlins/jawdrop.gif[/img]
CD, yes, you are right. Some more.

In the specified hour, the party was in position by the dark river bank. Odo and Attalus set up some elementary strong points and cover. Soon, a small group of drow approached them. Attalus challenged them. "Halt, strangers, and identify yourself. We await a group of dark elves. Are you them?"
"We are them," returned faintly.
Galadria and Chorania moved up beside the big knight. "Let the one of you known as Calith stand forth," the drow woman proclaimed.
One of the drow carefully stood forward, and was startled by a mage fire over his head, showing him to be beyond doubt Calith, at least to Chorania. She ran heedlessly to him. "Oh, Calith, it is I, Chorania. Welcome and well-met." They embraced, and all relaxed their grip on their weapons.
"Chorania," Calith said in a choked voice, "it is you, indeed. Is this the sign that was promised us? One to lead us against the forces of Lolth?"
She finally released him. "No, I am no such leader, " she replied fondly. "My Mistress, whom you see there, is the only one here with the strength and wisdom for such an undertaking. But we have supplies and weapons! And, we shall leave means by which you can contact us, should you be sore pressed. But tell me, who has promised you a sign? Tell me more."
Calith's face fell slightly. "Of her, it is not permitted to speak. If she wishes to communicate with you, doubtless she shall. But, I was letting my hope run ahead of my head, for we are too few to make headway against Lolth, be our leader never so wise and courageous. But, to see you alive and free, prosperous beyond doubt...." Here, he surveyed her, well-armored and armed, her beautiful face alight with health. He smiled again. "That restores me, not only because my sister is alive and among powerful friends, but to know that any of us can get beyond Lolth's reach. Tell me your story, my sister, so that it may be repeated by fugitive drow as long as we exist, to be a light of hope to our people."

So, once again, Chorania repeated her saga, to the astonishment of Calith and his band. They shook their heads in wonderment several times, especially at her account of her injury at Lolth's agency. Several times, Galadria felt their eyes upon her, for Chorania was careful not to mention her name. She felt that they were wondering that, but she was glad that her drow friend was being so discreet. After all, some of these fugitives might prove to be spies, and she wanted no further visits from the yochol. Finally, Chorania motioned her to come over, and she translated what Calith said to her.
"Abbil, Calith wants to thank you for the supplies, and for your good treatment of me," she stated, rather formally. "But, also, he wants me to tell you that he is consoled that they have allies, even if they are surfacers." She made a wry face.
Galadria laughed. "Tell him that we are just glad to be of service, and that no thanks are due for my treatment of you, my very good friend. We shall try and find a way to send them more supplies, and perhaps their band shall grow. Who knows? Perhaps Lolth may yet rue their presence. Tell him also, that Lolth is not loved by the other gods, and that allies of the supernatural sort should be sought. I suppose there are no drow women among them? Oh, well, I am sure that shall happen, if they continue to survive."
Chorania turned to her brother and repeated this in spitting, hissing, drow. He replied in the same language, and she translated back. "He says that he respectfully receives your advice, and will consider it. In the mean time, the supplies would be much welcomed. How to get them to him may present a problem, but he will try to think of a way. It could be as simple as leaving them in dumps that they could find. The location would be shifting, however, to prevent ambushes. It is enough for the present to get your assurances. This will hearten them all, for I fear that despair is rife among them."
Old 10-20-2002, 05:17 PM   #66
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

thanks for posting post more? pleeeeease? something BIGs gonna happen soon methinks btw, post in Anti Anomen please .
Old 10-20-2002, 08:06 PM   #67
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

All right, this is the finale:

It was Galadria's turn to pull a grim visiage. "Tell them that despair brings nothing. Fight as long as they have breath." Once again, she recalled her despair before bringing down the roof on B'ren Naylor. She saw Noemi's face as she went down to the priestess' mace, shook her head to clear it of the memory, and looked over to where her sister lay, looking at her encouragingly. She had not missed the look of dread that had come over the dark mage. "There is always a way, if we will look."
Chorania smiled at her Mistress' earnestness. "All right, abbil," she replied. " I shall tell him. Perhaps you should go sit down. You have gotten quite pale."
"I am all right," Galadria replied, but she went over and sat down next to Noemi, who was also becoming concerned, but masked it in front of these strangers.
After a few more words and a final embrace between Chorania and Calith, the drow packed up the supplies and stole away. Galadria stood. "Well, Cho, that should be that. Your brother is healthy, if pursued, and we have helped him to the best of our ability. We should go, now, before we disturb something else down here."
Chorania went over to her and hugged her. "Yes, abbil, we should go. But I want to tell you one last time how grateful your poor servant is, that her Mistress would take this long and dangerous journey with her. I shall always be grateful." Tears flowed down her face with the intensity of her emotion.
Galadria hugged her back. "Don't be silly, Cho," she answered, "you'd do it for me. That's what friends are for, as they say. Now, let's be off. Em, can you walk on that leg?"
Noemi hopped up. "Sure, Gal." She grinned impudently. "I can still feel it, but I can make do, especially if the alternative would be being left down here. Let's go."
They loaded all their remaining supplies and started off. They had no trouble as they trooped along the dark tunnel, but, as they entered the big cavern, they heard a horn call, and a huge mass of drow surged across the cavern, howling war cries and casting spells.
"Ambush," shouted Attalus. "We'lll never make the entrance. You all run, and Odo and I shall stand them off at this passage." They stood in a narrow gap between two masses of rock. The rest took no notice of his command to run, and stood behind them, casting counterspells and knocking off leaders. Attalus and Odo fired arrows and bolts into them, too, resulting in a stop of their headlong rush, and a pause during which they began to fire a cloud of black-feathered arrows at them. Chorania felt the deep stab of regret that she had ever returned to this place, and brought her friends with her, to their apparant doom.
Then, a disembodied voice floated around them. "Fools! Leave the gap at once or be crushed!"
Noemi looked up and saw an avalance headed right for them. She screamed, "Run, for Tres' sake, " and grabbed Galadria's arm. Disregarding her ankle, tore toward the cave mouth, dragging her sister with her. The rest followed at a furious pace. Just as they made the entrance, the mass of rocks plugged the passage, burying several of their drow pursuers with it.

As they once again regained the light, they collapsed on the ground, glancing about anxiously to make sure that all were present. At last, Cythera said timidly, "Gal, who could have done that? Was it you?"
Galadria shook her head. "No, that wasn't me. It was obviously set up long before, to block the gap at need." She turned to her drow friend. "Cho, could it have been Calith? You told me that he was accustomed to use that entrance."
Chorania smiled in pure relief. "Yes, abbil," she replied happily. "That was his preferred place. Of course, he would have set up something in the line of a trap in case they were hotly pursued. Only, this time it stopped his one-time comrades. How deliciously ironic! Now, I can feel that he has partially repaid us, and even Odo will admit that he was trustworthy."
Odo shook his head in reply. "Cho," he said with a wry grin, "considering that I had figured to be dead by now, with my wife and all of my friends, I have nothing but good to say of Calith. I shall entertain him at Rosetree any time that he ventures to the surface. Speaking of Rosetree, let us go there, now. It is not so far, and we can rest and relax."
They all cheered him, and, as soon as they had rounded up their horses, they did just that. The feast that Odo and Cythera threw was magnificent even by their standards, and that night they slept in soft beds with no fears. As she nodded off in the room that she had been assigned, huge in comparison with her chamber in the House of the Dome, Chorania reviewed the events of the day. Sleepily, she wondered if any of their pursuers would have recognized them. They could only add to the legend of the mighty Galadria, Lady of the Cave-In. With that thought in mind, she fell into a deep, satisfying sleep.
THE END
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 10-21-2002, 05:25 AM   #68
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

aw, thats great Lady G. but to be honest, I thought it would be as long as Pit Lord. silighty dissapointed it wasnt. ah well still, a great story. Your at work on your thrid? *grin* dont worry, I wont ask you to post any more... not for a while at least .
Old 10-21-2002, 08:08 AM   #69
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

I'll answer for her, CD, since she is off on another run. Yes, she has gone about 2/3 the way through her third, The Child Born of Women, which features all the gang with a larger role for Sefa.
Old 12-19-2002, 09:56 AM   #70
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Bump
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society