Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2002, 01:50 PM   #1
koolaidfreeservecouk
The Magister

The Wailkthrough sorted my problems out. all I had to do was shift a statue (duh!). Anyways got out got Leppy's treasure (btw, his amulet is the proof the Pawn Shop is looking for). Did call of home at Leppy's swag but now have discovered the underwater column is (permanently) raised as i have no more small statues to lower it and the lever to Kerah and the portal is at the top!!! Anywat I completed the shrine and talked to (Mr.Charisma) Anephas. So I'm out at sea and have foud Collasium but TWo QUESTIONS?

1. How do I get in am I supposed to do this next as i presume the three tablets are here. But all I've found are ruins and a little pit room that has no levers as far as i see. Uh?

2. Is this all irrelevent anyway as i can no longer gain access to the Portal due to the STUPID game's policy of one blip ruins everything???? I am getting seriously frustrated again with the game. If I have to reload back to the start ofthe Shrine for the second time this week I am going to be incredibly riled with this scenario.

Anyone know how to relower the pool column without being in the lever room above?

Mentally yours,#
Si
koolaidfreeservecouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 04:03 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Si!

You do not need that portal in Kerah's area for anything at all. So don't stress about it. I know it seems like it would/should be important, but it's window dressing and nothing more.

If the "entrance" you found to Collasium was near Talrik's treasure, then you are in the wrong place. That's the back door and you can only exit at that location. Check the rest of the underground ruins for another entrance.

Good luck!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 05:25 PM   #3
Mattman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yeah Si, don’t stress out. I always say this to myself after bashing my head against the wall and tearing handfulls of hair out.
I, like you, have zero tolerance for cryptic puzzles and this game would have found itself in the garbage if not for the Forum. (I think the classic is the process of making spider nectar in one of the walkthroughs being described as “OBVIOUS”, took the cake.)
So now I try doing each of the dungeons myself, when I hit a snag, find the walkthrough and print it out to see where I went wrong.
You can always book in for a session with our resident stress councillor (Wyvern) before ending it all and the other veterans have vast knowledge to answer questions almost spontaneously.
I take heart when I think “Matt, you can’t play this game, you’re hopeless”, then think that the Forum has 29000+ posts and suppose that maybe others can’t do it either.
Best game I’ve played, but cryptic puzzles...stick ‘em.
Congratulate Wyvern and Co. on a great Forum (again).
Mattman
Mattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 05:28 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

(blushes)
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2002, 02:09 PM   #5
koolaidfreeservecouk
The Magister

Cheers for the destress.

Am currently trawling for shells near Collasium but everytime i get enough to back to the town I cadt portal then call of home then when i'm done teleport but it keeps saying the spell fails! This is irritating me now/

Si
koolaidfreeservecouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 11:43 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

That's frustrated me as well, Si.

Doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, everyone's portal is gone. Man, that's irritating.

I've tried to make sure that I wait to hear the "spang" sound that indicates the spell has been cast, and to see the "Portal created" message on the screen before I cast call of home. Can't swear that it works, but it seems to help... for a while...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote