Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2011, 08:25 AM   #61
Azred
Drow Priestess

Ironworks Forum Re: Obama's latest jobs/opening campaign/scream foul to the media - speech

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
But anyways, those signs don't say "No More Federal Taxes". Which if they did, that would be a totally different ballgame in my book. And if they do mean federal taxes only then why aren't they making that clear? My fave one is the "Cut Taxes Not Defense" one.
Yes, I know exactly what you mean. The average protestor, regardless of what they are protesting, is generally unaware of the facts about what they are protesting. Most of the time they can't spell, either, but this particular group seems to have gotten lucky.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:01 PM   #62
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: Obama's latest jobs/opening campaign/scream foul to the media - speech

Yeah the tea-party rallys are the best ones imo.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:13 PM   #63
Azred
Drow Priestess

Ironworks Forum Re: Obama's latest jobs/opening campaign/scream foul to the media - speech

In all honesty, they did it to themselves. Any time you let yourself get on the news or the Internet with a sign saying "save are jobs" or some such nonsense then you deserve to be ridiculed.

Old 10-04-2011, 01:18 PM   #64
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: Obama's latest jobs/opening campaign/scream foul to the media - speech

Well, any message that they had to begin with has no chance vs. mispelled signs, which people just love.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:58 PM   #65
Azred
Drow Priestess

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
mispelled
leider haben sie dieses wort falsch geschrieben

I had to.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:08 PM   #66
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Surprised Man Re: Obama's latest jobs/opening campaign/scream foul to the media - speech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azred View Post
leider haben sie dieses wort falsch geschrieben

I had to.
Uhh, das war mir ein demonstrant praktizieren, das schwore ich!
Old 10-11-2011, 05:32 AM   #67
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Tax the rich. That's our only option at this point. We absolutely have to go there. Taxes have to raise on them, or the society is F'd. I'll respond to lay out why after all the flames come.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:11 AM   #68
Azred
Drow Priestess

What flames? The mathematics of the situation--I mean the raw numbers, mind you, the ones that do not depend upon politics--backs up your statement as true. Without an increase in revenue at some point, merely slashing spending will be insufficient to resolve the financial situation.

Old 10-13-2011, 03:27 PM   #69
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Excellent article detailing what Occupy Wall Street is about. This part gets really fun when it gets to how banks can borrow money from the government for free and then lend it back to the government at a percentage.

15 Facts About Wealth Inequality. (Some repition of the above.)

50 Simple Ways to Cut the Budget. Did you know that over 50% of farm subsidies go to commercial farms reporting a household annual income over $200,000? 49 more mind-numbing facts await you at this link.

7 Biggest Economic Lies Told by the Republicans. If the candidate says any of these things, they are either telling you a bold-faced lie or they are too stupid to be entrusted with the economy.

Last edited by Timber Loftis; 10-13-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Timber Loftis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:07 PM   #70
Azred
Drow Priestess

The one thing that could be done to reverse some of these trends would be to outlaw the lobbying of Members of Congress. The reason that so many finance and tax laws favor the super-wealthy and corporations is because they have bought the politicians who craft and enact the laws. They no longer represent us, even though we vote for them; rather, they represent their owners.

Fear not, though--next November the people who vote will vote for exactly the same people that helped created and worsen the situation we are currently facing. No one ever learns.