Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2010, 04:25 PM   #11
manikus
Jack Burton

Default Re: Walls crawl.

The game content creator is not what you need for doing artwork for DC - it's what you need if you want to put DAZ/Poser content into a 3D game setting, i.e. meshes, etc.

As for the square viewport - search this forum or the other one, I know I posted it...ahh, here it is -
http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/...d.php?t=101287

I believe there is a wall template among other goodies in the zip file attached to the first post.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:23 PM   #12
SilentThief
Symbol of Cyric

Burger Time Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikus View Post
The game content creator is not what you need for doing artwork for DC - it's what you need if you want to put DAZ/Poser content into a 3D game setting, i.e. meshes, etc.
Ya, I know. But it tweaked my interest. That was the one thing I thought DAZ needed most, the ability to use the content for in-game creations, not just artwork. I must confess that I love the 3D artwork: how good it looks, its rendering/lighting capabilities, the sheer amount of customizations for any given character (change eyebrow height either eye, open/close adjustable eyes, eyecolor, nose scrunch, flaired nostrils, mouth open, upper lip up (sneer), teeth bared, tongue out, ect ect ect... and that was just for face!!!! By just twisting facial expressions, making the body really skinny (emmaciated), and coloring a body green (with green lighting) you could make some amazing looking zombies!!!)

And I know next to nothing about it except that I played with it for a little bit (3-4 months). I did have a basic working ability with truespace (made a couple of nice looking backgrounds that are now lost to the ages ) and I want to do that kind of artwork again. I also had started playing around with and learning the more knowledge intensive "blender" for it is usable to make 3d art (as they automatically can export to some other games I play) and full blown movies as well. So we'll see... I may be getting into blender before I do DAZ... I'm still a noob with all of it, and its all up in the air rite now with my scheduling.

ST
ps, Thanx for the link. I'll check it out. If I do get into the 3d, which is almost guaranteed, I'll be sure to let you all know.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:17 PM   #13
manikus
Jack Burton

The general consensus in the 3D community is that Blender, while able to produce a nice product, is very difficult and counter-intuitive to learn (not just the poster/DAZ community here, but modeling communities as well).

If you want to do modeling you should check out Wings3D - it's free and easy to get started with. I know there have been several poser/DAZ community projects that have used it, so a lot of folks in the forums know what they're talking about.

As for the art you had posted - it should still be attached to the replies you made. You can go into your CP and look at your attachments. And, if for some reason that is gone, I added a copy of it to my DC archive.

DAZ Studio 3 is a long way from a beta I started testing on 7 or 8 years ago. I'm mostly amazed that it's still free. I own Poser, but I mostly use DAZ Studio.

I have links to various Poser/DAZ things on this site: manikus3D, but XTHost appears to be down right now...
When you come back into the fold, just let me know what you need (links assistance, etc) and I can hook you up.

Actually, anyone else slogging through this thread is welcome to my help as well when it come to 3D art.