Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 05-03-2006, 01:36 PM   #1
vesselle
Hathor

http://www.elderscrolls.com/download...atchnotes5.htm

read it first. there are reports of problems with it.

V***V
Old 05-03-2006, 02:55 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Many will be dissapointed with this. Alot of valid technical issues don't seem to have been addressed. The Dx problem and memory leaks for example.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:34 PM   #3
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

I'll wait for the release of the full patch. I hate the fact that you may have to remove the Beta patch
to put in the full patch. Since I don't have many problems other than a small memory leak once in a
while I can live with out the Beta. But thanks for the heads up on the Beta Patch vesselle!! TCB

[ 05-03-2006, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]
TheCrimsomBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:39 PM   #4
Seraph
Quintesson

On the plus side: The patch seems to reduced the tendency of my game to crash.

On the down side: My colored map no longer works.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 09:18 PM   #5
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Now why would Bethesda want to release a beta patch? Can't they just release the full patch?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 03:41 AM   #6
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
Now why would Bethesda want to release a beta patch? Can't they just release the full patch?
They do this so that they can work out all the bugs that will be caused by the patch and then fix them so the full release won't be so hard on teh average joe user who doesnt know how to cope with the problems that the beta might cause.
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 05:20 AM   #7
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
quote:
They do this so that they can work out all the bugs that will be caused by the patch and then fix them so the full release won't be so hard on teh average joe user who doesnt know how to cope with the problems that the beta might cause. [/QUOTE]And then they'll need another patch to patch up the problem that was created by the patch.

Seriously, can't they use something like Oblivion Patch v1.01, v1.02, v1.03 etc etc? To me it sounds nicer than a beta patch.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 06:02 AM   #8
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
quote:
They do this so that they can work out all the bugs that will be caused by the patch and then fix them so the full release won't be so hard on teh average joe user who doesnt know how to cope with the problems that the beta might cause. [/QUOTE]And then they'll need another patch to patch up the problem that was created by the patch.

Seriously, can't they use something like Oblivion Patch v1.01, v1.02, v1.03 etc etc? To me it sounds nicer than a beta patch.
[/QUOTE]Basically, they are not legally binded to support users of a "beta" anything, and the same goes for all "beta/alpha" software (the reason why companies like Google/yahoo/microsoft etc. use them for so long)
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 10:30 AM   #9
Zaleukos
The Magister

I think they also want to release a patch that is as polished as possible for the X-box, as the download is quite huge.
Zaleukos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 12:59 AM   #10
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Bah! Did i fall asleep and wake up in a world where the pc users are the guinea pigs for console users?

The closer pc and console become, the greater the rift between the two factions. They are seperate entities and should be treated as such.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote