Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 01-22-2010, 02:56 PM   #1
Gavindale
The Magister

Default Thoughts on using NPCs

Hey everyone – just wanted to post a question on here about the use of NPCs, and I’m curious to see how gamers feel about this… I’m in the middle of playing the game over again (I had to restart again for personal reasons, not great but what can I do, right?) and I have four characters made for the first portion of the game – inside Neverwinter Nights – and they are prime and ready to be used whenever I want to hop back in. I’m having trouble picking which character to play; the game would get rather mundane if I played though the first chapter, the played again with the next character, and so on… game play would get frustrating quick. Anyway, here’s my question – are NPCs really necessary? I played for a while before and got slaughtered by a couple creatures (if I had an NPC I wouldn’t have that problem). I’ve never been a real power gamer, but the main reason I am a bit shy off them is because they take some exp from what I could be getting if I solo. I also heard about how the NPCs (for the first chapter anyway) have special quests for the player to complete for a reward. Is it possible to complete said quests while not actually employing the NPC in the first place? Anyway, I gotta go, I appreciate any help anyone can give me, and I hope this message isn’t too terribly aggravating. Have a good one!
Gavindale is offline   Reply With Quote