Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-12-2001, 08:14 AM   #31
Melusine
Dracolisk
 

Join Date: January 8, 2001
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Age: 36
Posts: 6,540
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
Have we got proof that it was Afghanistan? And even if it is, there are thousands (heck, millions) of innocent people in Afghanistan, people who had nothing at all to do with this. Blame the government if you want, but don't blame the entire population of the country!

Exactly!!!! You know what is wrong with that little line "and those that harbour them"? As soon as you declare war on a country or nuke them simply because they support the terrorists, you are just as inhuman as the terrorists who attacked and ruined America yesterday. You know what the difference is between the USA and the Middle East terrorists? YOU are the good guys, you still act on morals and ethics. As soon as you lose that (by avenging yourselves on the innocent) they WILL have won! Why do you think it's so hard to be the good guys? Because you just cannot nuke the entire Middle East, even when you know the ones responsible are being harboured there. Because you still have -or should have- enough compassion in your hearts not to wipe out innocent people, even if it would mean you get the terrorists as well. The terrorists HAVE no morals, not a grain of respect for the preciousness of a human life. It makes them no more than beasts.



------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, LH and HADB

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Melusine is offline  
Old 09-12-2001, 08:16 AM   #32
Avatar
Vampire
 

Join Date: April 28, 2001
Location: Cambridge
Age: 33
Posts: 3,877
Afghan defence Minister Said:
"you can't attack a graveyard" Afghan's children are dying of US sanctions.
The Taliban or any other terrorist org is US's target not the innocent citizens.
They didn't choose to live there.

------------------
Avatar is offline  
Old 09-12-2001, 08:26 AM   #33
skywalker
Banned User
 

Join Date: March 1, 2001
Location: VT, USA
Age: 56
Posts: 3,097
Yesterday in a TV interview Stormin' Norman said about the difference between us and terrorists!
In Desert Storm we tried our best not to hurt the civilians, it wasn't easy and we weren't always successful, but we tried. These "bastards" (his word) had no problem killing innocents. That is the difference. Brokaw (sp?) was speechless for several seconds.

(Not the exact words...see no quotation marks!)
Mark
skywalker is offline  
Old 09-12-2001, 08:29 AM   #34
Luther
Manshoon
 

Join Date: July 11, 2001
Location: Dae Han Min Guk
Age: 34
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
yep

just think about who is to gain in this attack?
they attacked our way of life, HOW WELL SAID!

How many "ways of life" have the Americans actively tried to obliterate during their reign as a super-power? For the past 50 years the Americans have been subjugating without relent populations all of the middle-East, South-east Asia, South-America and the Pacific all because their own indiginous 'ways of life' don't coincide with the Way of Life that brings profit and international influence to America. Islam, Communism, Anarcho-syndicalism, all have become demonized by an American Federal institution. A Pity that so many people have been brainwashed into thinking that America are the undeniable good-guys, and that they stand for 'freedom'. You are free, so long as you do as America tells you.

Well now it looks like someone has given America their thanks for all the self-righteousness they have sold to the world.
Luther is offline  
Old 09-12-2001, 08:35 AM   #35
skywalker
Banned User
 

Join Date: March 1, 2001
Location: VT, USA
Age: 56
Posts: 3,097
Quote:
Originally posted by Luther:

How many "ways of life" have the Americans actively tried to obliterate during their reign as a super-power? For the past 50 years the Americans have been subjugating without relent populations all of the middle-East, South-east Asia, South-America and the Pacific all because their own indiginous 'ways of life' don't coincide with the Way of Life that brings profit and international influence to America. Islam, Communism, Anarcho-syndicalism, all have become demonized by an American Federal institution. A Pity that so many people have been brainwashed into thinking that America are the undeniable good-guys, and that they stand for 'freedom'. You are free, so long as you do as America tells you.

Well now it looks like someone has given America their thanks for all the self-righteousness they have sold to the world.
Luther, how many of us Americans have done what you say? How many people in the Twin towers were guilty?

Mark


skywalker is offline  
Old 09-12-2001, 08:35 AM   #36
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator
 

Join Date: February 28, 2001
Location: Boston/Sydney
Posts: 11,753
Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
ill be here supporting America in the only way i can. im with you guys, and i think we should all band together.

As an expatriate American here in Australia I am right there with you. The world is with us. This was a crime against humanity, against innocent people whose only "crime" was to turn up to do their day's work. This has been on talkback radio all day here in Sydney and all the stations have been swamped with callers. One major TV station has suspended regular programming to provide constant coverage of this tragedy.

------------------
Memnoch is offline  
Old 09-12-2001, 08:40 AM   #37
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator
 

Join Date: February 28, 2001
Location: Boston/Sydney
Posts: 11,753
Quote:
Originally posted by Luther:

How many "ways of life" have the Americans actively tried to obliterate during their reign as a super-power? For the past 50 years the Americans have been subjugating without relent populations all of the middle-East, South-east Asia, South-America and the Pacific all because their own indiginous 'ways of life' don't coincide with the Way of Life that brings profit and international influence to America. Islam, Communism, Anarcho-syndicalism, all have become demonized by an American Federal institution. A Pity that so many people have been brainwashed into thinking that America are the undeniable good-guys, and that they stand for 'freedom'. You are free, so long as you do as America tells you.

Well now it looks like someone has given America their thanks for all the self-righteousness they have sold to the world.
Luther, are you in some way implying that America deserved what happened yesterday?

------------------
Memnoch is offline  
Old 09-12-2001, 08:40 AM   #38
Luther
Manshoon
 

Join Date: July 11, 2001
Location: Dae Han Min Guk
Age: 34
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
Luther, how many of us Americans have done what you say? How many people in the Twin towers were guilty?

Mark

How many Saudi Arabian/Iraqui civilians could give a shit about the oil that America covets and thrives on and has sanctioned off their communities and condemned to starvation because of? Not many, but everything you have you owe to (your computer, your car, your electric dishwasher) subjugation. Your way of life (and mine too) thrives on their misery. All I'm saying is that now that they have finally fought back and damaged American soil people are shocked and amazed, as if they have done nothing to deserve it.
Luther is offline  
Old 09-12-2001, 08:44 AM   #39
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator
 

Join Date: February 28, 2001
Location: Boston/Sydney
Posts: 11,753
Quote:
Originally posted by Luther:
How many Saudi Arabian/Iraqui civilians could give a shit about the oil that America covets and thrives on and has sanctioned off their communities and condemned to starvation because of? Not many, but everything you have you owe to (your computer, your car, your electric dishwasher) subjugation. Your way of life (and mine too) thrives on their misery. All I'm saying is that now that they have finally fought back and damaged American soil people are shocked and amazed, as if they have done nothing to deserve it.
You are way out of line here, mate.

First of all, who is "they"? Do you know something we don't? I didn't hear anything saying that Arabs/Iraqis were responsible. For all we know Israeli militants could have been responsible. Secondly, this quote from you:

Quote:
All I'm saying is that now that they have finally fought back and damaged American soil people are shocked and amazed, as if they have done nothing to deserve it.
Do you truly mean this? So now everyone's square, is that what you're saying? America persecutes the world, so they deserve to get 15,000 people killed and they shouldn't complain about it, because they had it coming. Is this what I'm hearing from you?

------------------
Memnoch is offline  
Old 09-12-2001, 08:56 AM   #40
Luther
Manshoon
 

Join Date: July 11, 2001
Location: Dae Han Min Guk
Age: 34
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Do you truly mean this? So now everyone's square, is that what you're saying? America persecutes the world, so they deserve to get 15,000 people killed and they shouldn't complain about it, because they had it coming. Is this what I'm hearing from you?
Certainly not. I know this is an emotional time and anguish is running high (I nearly lost my sister to this, but luckily she was a few blocks away). All I'm saying is that before you condemn the evil of others, you have to realize your own evil (even if you never before saw it as such). A terrible tragedy has occured here, but in order for this sort of thing to not happen again then a SERIOUS look at how America has treated the rest of the world up until now has to be taken. I have a habit of generalizing things, perhaps to an unfair extent, but still. Every action has a reaction.
Luther is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Question About Terrorists And The Countrys Who Harbor Them skywalker General Discussion 16 10-19-2001 11:50 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2016 Ironworks Gaming TM & The Great Escape Studios - All Rights Reserved