Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-21-2002, 12:54 AM   #1
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Just got this in my email, thought I should spread the word around. Reminds me of the sulnfbk.exe hoax some time ago.

JDBGMGR.EXE Hoax

Description
JDBGMGR.EXE is the Microsoft Debugger Registrar for Java. It uses an icon of a bear.

The contents of the hoax message vary, but it advises Hotmail users of an email virus, jdbgmgr.exe, that is spreading via MSN Messenger.

This message is a hoax, and Trend Micro advises users to not forward it.

If you have accidentally deleted the file in question, you may visit Microsoft Product Support for recovery procedures for various Microsoft Operating Systems.

Original Message
I found the little bear in my machine because of that I am sending this message in order for you to find it in your machine. The procedure is very simple: The objective of this e-mail is to warn all Hotmail users about a new virus that is spreading by MSN Messenger. The name of this virus is jdbgmgr.exe and it is sent automatically by the Messenger and by the address book too. The virus is not detected by McAfee or Norton and it stays quiet for 14 days before damaging the system. The virus can be cleaned before it deletes the files from your system. In order to eliminate it, it is just necessary to do the following steps: 1. Go to Start, click "Search" 2.- In the "Files or Folders option" write the name jdbgmgr.exe 3.- Be sure that you are searching in the drive "C" 4.- Click "find now" 5.- If the virus is there (it has a little bear-like icon with the name of jdbgmgr.exe DO NOT OPEN IT FOR ANY REASON 6.- Right click and delete it (it will go to the Recycle bin) 7.- Go to the recycle bin and delete it or empty the recycle bin. IF YOU FIND THE VIRUS IN ALL OF YOUR SYSTEMS SEND THIS MESSAGE TO ALL OF YOUR CONTACTS LOCATED IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK BEFORE IT CAN CAUSE ANY DAMAGE.
Old 10-21-2002, 05:14 AM   #2
philip
Galvatron

Thanks for letting it know!!!!