Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2004, 04:20 PM   #1
Aerich
Lord Ao

Thanks to my four respondents. Here's the answers I was looking for. These are complete answers, or at least as complete as I could make them. Everyone who showed me they knew what they were talking about got marks; answers did not have to be as detailed as these.

1) There are two villagers in Easthaven that will give you a gem during a non-quest-related dialogue. Name the class or race you must be to get each of these gems. (2 points)

A bard gets one for singing a song (I think the gem can be had from any normal villager); a dwarf gets one for promising to cut a villager in for treasure from Dorn's Deep - there are at least two villagers a dwarf can get the gem from (I'm actually not sure if you can get them both in the same game); one in the Snowdrift Inn and one in the warehouse.

2) What is in the chest in Hrothgar's room? (1 point)

a note warning off would-be thieves

3) Where is the only high-quality weapon you can find within the bounds of Easthaven (e.g. not loot off of a goblin)? What is it? (2 points)

It is upstairs in the Emporium, on a shelf in Pomab's bedroom (with some gems and spell scrolls). It is a dagger. I didn't include Apsel's dagger as a possible answer because it is only attainable via a quest.

4) What normal weapons (e.g. not high quality) can you get in Easthaven? Where are they? (6 points) Edit: Hint - a quest may factor into acquiring one of these.

I was looking for:
1) spear; on the floor in the house to the left of Hrothgar's place
2) bow (and arrows); in the cabinet in Hrothgar's room
3) (the tough answer: nobody got this one) dagger; from Jhonen if you tell him the sea elf is evil and you will fend her off if he gives you all his possessions and leaves.
I didn't allow Aihonen's broken blade because it's not a useable (e.g. "normal") weapon.

5) There is an orc near the looted wagons (before the orc cave) that always tries to disappear into the cave. Can you kill it before it disappears? How? (3 points)

Good answers here. Yes, you can kill it. Attack with bows and spells (and get lucky with init); hide in shadows and backstab or block the door or allow a charmed wolf to kill it. I gave one point for yes, one for ranged attack, one for various tactics involving hide in shadows

6) What is the only fruit mentioned in dialogue in Kuldahar Pass? Who are you talking to about it? (1 points)

Frostberries. You are talking to the ogre in the tower, either with a druid or after talking to Arundel to get the cure for his headache.

7) How many healing potions can you find outside (not in the Mill, not as loot from a body) in Kuldahar Pass? (2 points)

Two. One in a box by the overrun farm, one in a barrel outside the Mill.

8) List the named NPCs in the Vale of Shadows in the order you MUST first encounter them. (5 points)

Therik, Mytos, Kresselack, Lysan. I wasn't counting Myrkul's Sending or Kresselack (the second time), but kudos to those who said that.

9) What spell is the second 3rd level mage scroll you can find? Where do you find it? (2 points)

This one was weird. I made the assumption that everyone would get all the treasure as they went along, not skip any. Haste is the first 3rd level mage spell you'd find. I'll also take Skull Trap (found in the library of the Temple of the Forgotten God), or Hold Person or Vampiric Touch (I believe these last two are random).

10) Give the name of the only named verbeeg NPC in the Temple of the Forgotten God. (1 point)

Red Toe. He's the one fleeing the temple.

BONUS QUESTION: what does the acronym AIDBG stand for? (two points)

An Ignonimous Death By Goblin. I coined it in the "priest-heavy parties" thread. (I know, I know, that's why it was a bonus question [img]smile.gif[/img] )
Old 11-06-2004, 04:33 PM   #2
Aerich
Lord Ao

So here's the scores of those who took part, in the order they submitted their answers.

Dragonshadow - 14.
Jay S. - 16. Got the bonus.
ZFR - 23. Well done.
Otto - 22. Well done.

So, the winner in a photo finish is ZFR. [img]graemlins/dance2.gif[/img] A big [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] to Otto, who challenged for the lead, and also to Dragonshadow and Jay S. for taking part.
Old 11-07-2004, 03:18 PM   #3
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Thanks. [img]smile.gif[/img] Mmm, bit patchy... I need to play again.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 09:50 AM   #4
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Wow!
I was away for the weekend just came back and saw the scores. That was pretty close. Good job Otto.

Only 4 participants :-S. Not too many "quizzy" people here.
Old 11-08-2004, 05:19 PM   #5
Otto
The Magister

Thanks, ZFR. It was very close, but you pulled it off.

:: victory music plays as you slap your two-handed on your back and it magically stays there ::
Otto is offline   Reply With Quote