Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 08-01-2004, 03:55 PM   #1
Drake_da_dragon
Welcomed New User

Ok, first off I'm new here and a newb to BG 2 (I have played Icewind Dale 2 though before and NWN)

HAs anybody else had problems with party members leaving due to conflicts with other party members?

I was in the Dungeon in Windspear hills when Aerie complained at Korgan if he was still here in one day she was leaving to go back to the circus...

Guess what? In one day's time Aerie left... but she's not back at the circus when I look... How and where can I find her again?
Drake_da_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 04:15 PM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

They argue becuase Korgan is evil, while Aerie is good.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 04:53 PM   #3
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

There are a number of NPC's that don't get along with others - usually due to Alignment conflicts (Good vs Evil).

Here is a site that lists all the NPC's and their individual storylines. It also lists significant interactions they have with other NPC's - both good and bad.

BGII NPC's

Also, the second "sticky" thread in this forum lists all the various Mods available for BGII. One of them includes a patch that overrides the alignment conflicts and will allow you to have Aerie, Korgan, Keldorn and Viconia in your party for the duration and they will never say so much as a harsh word to each other.
Old 08-01-2004, 05:18 PM   #4
Hank Parsons
Zhentarim Guard

Cerek, you could mention that it ruins the game and removes the "role-playing" aspect if you take away the characters personality with a mod, or if you spoil yourself to potential conflicts by pre-reading them online.

They argue because they don't get along. Good and Evil are just generic descriptions, these characters have more fleshed out personality than that simple distinction. Not all goods and evils will fight in the game, some will, some won't. I'm sure you've had friends or associates who argued in real life too. You can try to intervene verbally and convince them to make-up, but don't take away their ability to disagree, that would defeat the fun of the game.

Plus, many of the party arguments DON'T lead to someone leaving your party. To remove the banter is to take the life out of the personalities in your party. If you want them all that bland try IWD.

Especially since the person who started this thread said he has not played the game before, I really disagree with recommending mods and spoilers to him.

[ 08-01-2004, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: Hank Parsons ]
Old 08-02-2004, 06:03 PM   #5
Drake_da_dragon
Welcomed New User

Err thank you all for the advice on mods and spoilers; but as Hank said; I'd prefer not to kill the game like that...

Is there a place within the game that I can actually find her and try and convince her to rejoin me; or is it a lost cause?

I had trained her up as a nifty second spellcaster...

Hehe I have a although not foolproof; a rather beautiful technique for killing off opponents... Clerical Fire/Ice resistance and Protection from Normal Weapons on my main mage who already has 40% fire resist... Send him into battle: Sunfire; have Aerie target a fireball right on him. Anybody for some charbroiled badguys?
Drake_da_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 07:10 PM   #6
Elhardo
The Magister

nice,, i dunno if you can get her back, check the circus or the copper coronet..