Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2001, 01:39 PM   #271
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Everything I was going to say has been said. So i'm not going to bother. Serves me righ for coming so late.

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 10-09-2001, 02:46 PM   #272
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Hey, as this thread has veered so far OT I feel quite justified in asking for a copy of the Corruption Test as well

As I have lead an existance of over 40 years based on sheer hedonism without any moral guidance, I really need to find out just how bad I am

------------------
Regards

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)

[This message has been edited by Mouse (edited 10-09-2001).]
Old 10-09-2001, 02:50 PM   #273
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:
Hey, as this thread has veered so far OT I feel quite justified in asking for a copy of the Corruption Test as well

As I have lead an existance of over 40 years based on sheer hedonism without any moral guidance, I really need to find out just how bad I am
I am quite sure you shall outshine us all, dear Mousie. It shall be done!

------------------

Alureth...Dragon friend of Breanna, Mage and Advisor in the Court of Lady Lioness

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Second Historian and Scribe of IW. Mother Hen of IW.
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*
Old 10-09-2001, 02:58 PM   #274
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Did I say I was without sin? Did I say I was the epitome of tolerance? My actions do not prevent me from pointing out a current set of circumstances. The issue between your mother and I was made known to me and we resolved our issue. We also have a long history of respectful dialogue over more than a few months. Totally differet scenario.

If you are reading gloats you are reading between lines erronoiusly.

Yorick. Read my post to you AGAIN. I did not mention gloating in it. My gloating reference was made about Liliara - and if you don't call a thread entitled HOW YA LIKE US NOW!!!!????? discussing the Americans moving into Afghanistan gloating, well, all I can say is you obviously don't have a clue what gloating is.

------------------

Most Ecstatic and Exotic Mistress of the Illuminati
Old 10-09-2001, 03:18 PM   #275
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
SC... I'm not sure, but you sound mighty sarcastic here. Apologies in advance if this wasn't meant that way.

It is not bizarre at all, but I think one needs to have a relationship with God to fully comprehend this. We are sinners, all of us. We are enjoined by God to NOT sin and so as good Christians we attempt to not sin. We are not perfect and thus we will do it. God has promised us forgiveness if we ask for it.. not just flippantly saying 'hey, sorry, forgive me' but if we truly REPENT the sin and want forgiveness for what we have done, intending to NOT do it anymore. True repentance means you are sorry for what you have done (or not done) and plan not to repeat the offense. Doesn't mean we don't, but if we attempt to be good, faithful Christians, we try every day to be better at not sinning.

Guess the key here is the honest intent, the true repentance. And that, my dear Cheetah is only felt in the sincere relationship with God, and if one has that relationship, forgiveness is attainable.

I may have misunderstood your post but it seemed a sarcastic insinuation that we Christians just offhand say we are forgiven and boom! run off and do the same thing again with no thought for right and wrong. Not so, if the Christian in question is devout and sincere. (And yes, there are always those who blow smoke and aren't sincere.. I acknowledge that)

Cloudy

Cloudy, sorry, no, I was not being sarcastic about Christian beliefs per se, I was responding to what Liliara wrote, as follows:

'I do not gloat over those that the Lord will squell baecause they use his name to kill and maim innocent people. But as a human with a human spirit, I cannot help but feel a satisfaction with today's events. I shall pray tonight for forgiveness, but I'm afraid that you, my friend, have no one to ask forgiveness of, seeing that you are an atheist. Worry not though, I shall pray for you, as I pray for myself. In the meantime.... HOW YA LIKE US NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This doesn't seem to me to quite the same thing as you describe above!

Here is someone who has started a thread called HOW YA LIKE US NOW!!! gloating if ever I saw it, and says quite happily that she knows that 'the satisfaction with today's events' that she feels is wrong, but that she will pray tonight for forgiveness. So if I decide to steal something from my friend today, that is ok, as long as I have it in my mind, whilst I'm doing it, that I will pray tonight for forgiveness? Hence my sarcasm - because if that is the way you're going to use forgiveness (which is a beautiful and soul enhancing concept) - then you can just go out and commit any old crime secure in the knowledge. I'm not saying for a moment that that is the way all Christians view divine forgiveness. Just that it is the way that Liliara seems to be viewing it.

However, I do believe the confessional, just to take an example, has been used in the way that Liliara seems to be using it by many and amany, both in the past and now. Sin today, confess, and tomorrow you can go and sin again.

However, please believe that I am NOT saying for one moment that all Christians treat it that way!!!

To go back to Liliara's post, I find her total unconcern with cause and effect nauseating, as I've said already. Her constant assumption (shared by others on this board) that the terrorists attacks came out of no-where, for no reason, is childish and ridiculous. Being simplistic in response to what is happening is not the answer.

And gloating won't get us anywhere. We've taken the first step into something that may evolve into a horror the like of which the world has never yet seen. Gloating is hardly a appropriate response.

------------------

Old 10-09-2001, 03:27 PM   #276
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by G'kar:
Hmmm no takers.

Come on, I want some intelligent discourse, not emotional reactions. Can anyone argue, comment or even agree on any point I made in this thread?

Argue with : we are only making more terrorists and more reason for their actions.

Argue with : 3 1/2 weeks is a short time to come to any recourse. It is hasty action we take. We could have sent Jesse Jackson, or Jimmy Carter, or at least tried in some fashion, instead of making threats and demands which is most undiplomatic.

Argue with: "thou shall not kill" and "do unto others". And dont go quoting other scriptures, thats dodging the issue. My sunday school teacher use to try that, feel sorry for her having to deal with my " dont bow to authority without question " self .

And calling any weapon "smart" is an oxymoron in my book.
I fully agree, G'kar.

------------------

Old 10-09-2001, 04:22 PM   #277
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
I fully agree, G'kar.

You fully agree that we should argue?

Sorry, but these "I agree" posts that are always being made, make me want to vomit! Makes it seem like I am in a Southern Baptist* Church

"Lord have mercy on my soul"

"Amen"..."Amen"..."You said it"

Isn't this one of these 'you shall not spam' points
Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
2. A "Me too" post
I wonder if I will get attacked again as being so tough on spam?

*no offense intended to Southern Baptists

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!
Old 10-09-2001, 06:05 PM   #278
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:

You fully agree that we should argue?

Sorry, but these "I agree" posts that are always being made, make me want to vomit! Makes it seem like I am in a Southern Baptist* Church

"Lord have mercy on my soul"

"Amen"..."Amen"..."You said it"

Isn't this one of these 'you shall not spam' points

[/B]
Stop being obtuse, Moridin! You know that isn't what she meant, lol!

------------------

Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.
Old 10-09-2001, 06:45 PM   #279
G'kar

The reports of civilian deaths, at least 4, U.N. security gaurds at a facility for land-mine clearing. If the police killed that many peolple in the pursiut of justice, the public outcry would be tremendous.

haste makes waste. 4 more wasted so far, How many more is too many?

I think that there have been 4 (reported) too many already.

Old 10-09-2001, 07:12 PM   #280
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:

G'kar asked for comments, etc, or even just agreement. I agreed, so I said so. Sometimes it is nice to show solidarity.

Ok, that's it for me. No more serious threads for a while. Being sniped at and sniping in return, that's no way to live. It gives me a headache and makes me feel sick. Plus I'm very very bored with it.

See you later alligators!! Byeeeeeeeeeeeee...........

------------------

Closed Thread