Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2004, 07:33 AM   #11
InjaYew
Zhentarim Guard

Take it one further. Boycott all capitalist manipulated holidays. Give gifts when it's from the heart any time during the year. This way you avoid crowds and end any personal resentment you might have at being forced out to spend, spend, spend... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-11-2004, 09:19 AM   #12
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I haven't seen that in restaurants around my area. Maybe it's just for you big city types! Seriously, my fiance plans for us to go out on Valentine's day and I expect it WILL be busier at restraunts, but it's always busy on a Sat night.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:33 AM   #13
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:
quote:

It's nothing special... everyday is V-day for me... unfortunately my girlfriend doesn't see it...
thats a shame bahamut. i for one wont mind if my gf see's it that way [/QUOTE]Nah... it isn't that bad... she just wants to ride with the bandwagon

Problem one is, am not in the mood (raging hormones probably) and because I played basketball for two straight days (one heavy practice, and then one for tourney which consequently gave me like 1-6 shooting)

Problem two: PAYDAY. Self-explanatory. Ordinary payday on weekend is already deadly, what about if it were V-day or whatever holiday... ugh.

We are going tomorrow anyway... hehehe so I am free for V-day
Old 02-11-2004, 11:16 AM   #14
General Nosaj
Zhentarim Guard

The General shares your beliefs Timber. Down with V-Day!!

[ 02-11-2004, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: General Nosaj ]
Old 02-11-2004, 12:16 PM   #15
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Spelca:
Or send one of these:
Anti-Valentine

Those are pretty cool, sending one now.

Well, I have no one to send a normal card to.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 02-11-2004, 10:23 PM   #16
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Spelca:
Or send one of these:
Anti-Valentine

Those are really cool! My attitude about the holiday, anyway. In fact, I feel that way about most holidays, ever since greeting card companies and others of the sort have seen fit to try to manipulate/propagandize you into believing that you have to buy all of these gifts for each and every single holiday. And it is made worse by the fact that retailers have holiday sales on pretty much every single holiday (you should have seen the sales around here for Martin Luther King Day; I'm sure he was doing cartwheels in his grave).

My mother and I rarely give each other gifts. We call each other and wish each other a happy holiday. We both just don't buy into the big business propaganda that is involved. It's the little things in between that make all the difference. Of course, that attitude has cost me more than one girlfriend, especially around VD.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 02-12-2004, 09:00 AM   #17
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry the Sprout:
Those are pretty cool, sending one now.

Well, I have no one to send a normal card to.
I have, but I still think I'm going to send one of these - they're just too good not to use.
Thanks for the link Spelca!