Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-25-2004, 04:48 PM   #11
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
umm I doubt it johnny, for it to do that, I belive you have to come in to contact with the water, not the vinyl that makes the matress
Could you try it ? I need the results for my science project, but i dont have a waterbed myself.
Old 05-25-2004, 04:52 PM   #12
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Fart hard enough anything can come true.
Old 05-25-2004, 04:56 PM   #13
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Mack_Attack:
Fart hard enough anything can come true.
Carefull though, you don't wanna blast a hole in the matras, it could get messy.

And Stormy, put a bunch of goldfish in the matras. It kinda gives the same effect as a massage when you sleep.
Old 05-25-2004, 05:46 PM   #14
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

JOhnny, go sit on a ziplock bag filled with water and see what happens [img]smile.gif[/img]

Stormy, I've had to shift waterbed mattresses around before. You don't need to drain it completely, but you will need to drain it a bit. Otherwise, the water is just too plain heavy. [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 05-25-2004, 06:33 PM   #15
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Well water is 1kg/litre so tell me how many litres it is and we'll know how heavy it is and how many people are needed to lift it.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:03 PM   #16
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

ummmmmm, all I know is it is a king size water bed, it was used when we got it, so have no clue.
johnny, I will leave the experiments to more qualified people
Old 05-25-2004, 10:42 PM   #17
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I would say that you probly need to drain it and make sure it is sitting in the frame correctly. Then, to answer your other question, fill it to your comfort, less water=softer with more movment, more water=firmer with less movement. I believe you will know when its getting to full, it will pop and leak! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-25-2004, 11:48 PM   #18
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Smiley

do not talk about it leaking [img]tongue.gif[/img] I will just have to drain it tomorrow, then fix it, and maybe get it right then, it just goes to show, when you want it done right, never send a man to do it [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 05-25-2004, 11:49 PM: Message edited by: Stormymystic ]
Old 05-26-2004, 09:40 AM   #19
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

*wonders if Johnny tried the experiment with the ziplock bag*

I never liked waterbeds the few times I've slept on them, so I never got one and don't know much about moving them or filling them properly but I do know Vask is right about the water/weight and there's a LOT of water in a king size waterbed! So yah, draining it at least part way is about the only way you'll move anything that heavy/big!

My husband and I are shopping for a new bed and he used to have a waterbed and loved it, but we decided to go with a conventional one for several reasons but mostly we didn't want to worry about all that water if it should spring a leak!
Old 05-26-2004, 10:16 AM   #20
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

we have a super king size bed as well, not just the water bed, but I would prefer if the girls sleep on the regular bed, instead of the water bed, for fear tey well roll into the corner as I used to do, and if they get stuck, it could harm them, but my mother in law does not think so..but it is my home not hers, so what I say goes