Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2001, 08:46 PM   #1
Eladamri
Elite Waterdeep Guard

1. On the RomanceActive Variable, does a 2 mean that it is over? I've heard conflicting opinions on this? Or does it mean that everything is going along fine, and the romance will continue?

2. Also, I'm a Chaotic Good Conjurer, but for the Cult of the Unseeing Eye quest, I was approached by the Temple of Helm. Has this happened to anyone else? I went over to the temple of Lathander, and they didn't say anything at all. I finished the quest without any problems, but I just thought that was odd.

Thank you for your time.
Old 06-18-2001, 08:56 PM   #2
trux

1. i believe a value of 2 for the RomanceActive variable means the romance is active, and a value of 3 means it's over. i don't remember where i read this so i'm not sure of its accuracy.

2. the temple that approaches you for the unseeing eye quest should be one akin to your alignment.

------------------
--
trux
Old 06-18-2001, 10:32 PM   #3
masteraleph
Elminster

As far as I can tell with the unseeing eye quest, it's usually helm that approaches you (every time i've played good it's been helm), but if you're a cleric then it's your temple
Old 06-18-2001, 11:20 PM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Eladamri:
1. On the RomanceActive Variable, does a 2 mean that it is over? I've heard conflicting opinions on this? Or does it mean that everything is going along fine, and the romance will continue?

2. Also, I'm a Chaotic Good Conjurer, but for the Cult of the Unseeing Eye quest, I was approached by the Temple of Helm. Has this happened to anyone else? I went over to the temple of Lathander, and they didn't say anything at all. I finished the quest without any problems, but I just thought that was odd.

Thank you for your time.
1) 2 usually means it is over with the good ending of the script (i.e. likely continue in expansion), although exceptions do exist and in some situations it can be triggered to 3 (meaning it is over with bad ending) for certain character(s).

2) Yes, it is normal to be approach by Helm, Temple of Helm will give you the Unseen Eye quest despite your alignment might be good or evil.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 06-19-2001, 12:12 AM   #5
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

the temple that approaches you relies on ur alignment only if youre a priest! so a Lawful Good Fighter, or a Chaotic Evil Sorcerer would both be approached by the Watchmaster or whatever. the Helm guy. and i think that the romance variable thing means that 1) its over, or 2) youre committed and cant do anything else. never took time to learn that stuff, sorry

------------------
Proud member of the HADB. And remember, when you're thinking of giant heads, why not think of the Big Giant Head?
Old 06-19-2001, 07:47 AM   #6
Eladamri
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for all your help.

Here's another odd thing that happened:

I was resting in an inn, and Aerie started talking to me. She said something along he lines that she was glad that I din't take advantage of her and she wants to make our first time special... What is she talking about? I would have gone that way anyway, so I guess it really doesn't matter, but I think that I skipped a dialogue somehow. Is this a bug?