Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2001, 03:07 PM   #1
Demoquin
Dungeon Master

I have completed the Slaver Quest except in finding the one hild that the Troll is holding prisoner. I shot him through the gate and now the door can only half open or close meaning i cant get in to finish off the quest. Is there anything i can do? I hope not to go back to last save cuz i deleted that and almost done in the D'Arnise quest
Old 12-07-2001, 03:46 PM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Do you have the key that the Slaver Captain drops?

Slaver Captain: Talks to you, uses Throwing Axes and a Two-Handed Sword.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 05:57 PM   #3
--= Clockwork =--
Elite Waterdeep Guard

That's what you get for killing stuff with long range weapons without opening doors first. Common sense really - doors don't open after you shoot trolls through them. I mean OBVIOUSLY they're only going to half-open.

Wait... wait... isn't that a bug? Report it, quick. Life or death here... I mean, you're missing out on valuable exp and gold here... and some not-so-valuable items.
Old 12-07-2001, 06:07 PM   #4
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Uh, Clockworks, hello? Are you OK?? Any way, Demoquin, there's just a little boy back there that lets you raise your party's Rep by 1
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 06:11 PM   #5
--= Clockwork =--
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm just quite insane really.

Anyway, about the little child thing, don't you need to talk to him for Hendak to consider the quest "finished"? I wouldn't know... I've never shot the troll and got the door stuck. Bloody archers.
Old 12-07-2001, 06:20 PM   #6
andrewas
Harper

If this were dialbo 2 id say the corpse was blocking the door (so wait for it to decay and then come back), but im not sure if this happens in BG2 (never actualy tried to close a door id opened, and im not a big fan of missile weapons either) You could CLUAConsole the door open, but i dont know the keycode to open doors.
Old 12-08-2001, 12:45 AM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Sigh... ...

Corpses do not block doors. You can massarce 50 Goblins, Orcs, and any other monsters that you can think of, and they will not block any doors.

Heck... live monsters will not block doors either... ...

And I always shoot the Trolls through the holey walls... ...
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 08:27 PM   #8
Halbarad1891
The Magister

Sorry to bring this old topic back up but I'm having the same problem... Was anything ever found out about this? Is it a bug or something? Do I have to use an old save ?
Halbarad1891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 09:05 PM   #9
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

The same thing happened to me last night....I shot 1 of the Trolls through the wall, but the other one got caught up in this weird limbo behind the door, and I could neither close the door nor walk through it. I suppose Fireballing the hell out of the area would have worked (taking care not to fry the kid, naturally), but it was just easier for me to Reload. You don't have that luxury, so I would try the Fireball method (or Cloudkill, eath Spell, etc), or use a cheat to teleport a party member to the opposite side of the door, hopefully enabling you to talk to the kid, complete the quest, and get access to some very nice items.
Old 11-18-2002, 10:38 PM   #10
Halbarad1891
The Magister

I got it. Thanks.

Had to use a transport cheat to get into the room and out again , but I guess it couldn't have been helped.
Halbarad1891 is offline   Reply With Quote