Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 09-17-2001, 09:34 PM   #1
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

First off, I would like everyone to know that I got bored of BG and am switching back to W&W (for the time being).

POSSIBLE SPOILERS>>
>>
>>
>>
>>I played through once, with 4 characters. After completing the Crypt, joined another character with the party. By the time I reached Ishad Na (spelling is rusty), I was already bored with them. So...

I then decided to play through with individual characters (the ones I made previously) and join them up. Here is how I see it: I play through with all 5 characters, reach around level 7 for each, then restart all the adventures and begin with another character. When I finish all 5, I'll start a new game and have them joined together (like Kerah brings them together or something, they are all from different dimensions, hence all of them doing the same quests without seeing each other.. )

In the beginning, starting out with one character is pretty challenging (especially with spawn often). Probably the only thing people will have trouble with, is the 10 Trolls in the woods leading to Nymph Lake.. I had a little trouble with those guys with my Rogue and 2 Fighters. I had some trouble with the Wizard, but not much. I'm playing through with my final character, the Priest, so I'm not sure how that will fare.

Just thought I'd post a little info on how I plan on playing through the game. It makes it easier, seeing as by the time I'm ready to move with a party, I have everything I need (without using the gold enhancement cheat....)

Glad to be back for the time being!

------------------
"In the year of the new century and nine months,
From the sky will come a great King of Terror.
The sky will burn at forty-five degrees.
Fire approaches the great new city

In the city of york there will be a great collapse,
2 twin brothers torn apart by chaos
while the fortress falls; the great leader will succumb;
the third big war will begin when the big city is burning"

-Nostradamus
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 01:06 PM   #2
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Sounds fun, hope it is. Tell us how you make out

------------------
If I am because I think, then, if I talk without thinking, I'm not really talking! Am I?
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 03:51 PM   #3
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I would have to say, playing a Priest solo is very easy. It is like playing a Fighter/Mage. They have the capabilites of combat, and the capabilities of magic. By the time the character reaches level 2, they are ready for anything in the Nymph Lake/Ye Old Cemetary region. My Priest killed 3 Bandit/Rogues and their leader with a single spell (the location of the horse), all at level 2.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote