Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-06-2002, 07:57 AM   #51
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Actually when the kids were younger, (and I worked in a health food store so got a healthy discount ) they would use vanilla flavored soy milk (well chilled) on their cereal (hot or cold) instead of cow milk--and would actually refuse to eat if we were out!

We have a Chinese buffet in town (20 mi. up the road) which is to die for! My absolute favorite of all is the hot and sour soup--I've tried the soup at every Oriental place we go (and we try them all), but this place makes the BEST. It usually has a goodly amount of tofu in it and would be less tasty without, I'm sure. And you simply cannot have some dishes without tofu.

But in general, I do not care for the meat substitutes. Call me a spoilt American carnivore (it's ok, I *am* one ) but while I can and do go meatless for days, I still adore sinking the teeth into ham or roast beef or the cheesburgers I made last night for supper.
Old 03-06-2002, 08:34 AM   #52
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Garnet FalconDance:
But in general, I do not care for the meat substitutes. Call me a spoilt American carnivore (it's ok, I *am* one ) but while I can and do go meatless for days, I still adore sinking the teeth into ham or roast beef or the cheesburgers I made last night for supper.

You spoilt American carnivore you!. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Actually, I am not a vegetarian although I think I probably should be. I can't really see any moral reasons for eating meat. But it just tastes soooo good...

Ah well, I agree about Quorn - it is really nice. But I still think actual meat is better. And yes Azure, tofu is disgusting. There really isn't any way around that.
Old 03-06-2002, 12:58 PM   #53
MagiK

Quorn or Mushrooms..its all fungus to me..and anything that can be grown between my toes, just doesnt excite me as a food substance [img]smile.gif[/img] hehehe But I do heartily support anyone who does like mushrooms to eat them [img]smile.gif[/img] We can go out to dinner and you can have all the shrooms from my plate [img]smile.gif[/img] becuae for some reason Meat cooked with shrooms, tends to taste good whereas I hate mushrooms plain....

Old 03-06-2002, 02:58 PM   #54
ʆë®Ñï†Ý
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Quorn or Mushrooms..its all fungus to me..and anything that can be grown between my toes, just doesnt excite me as a food substance [img]smile.gif[/img] hehehe But I do heartily support anyone who does like mushrooms to eat them [img]smile.gif[/img] We can go out to dinner and you can have all the shrooms from my plate [img]smile.gif[/img] becuae for some reason Meat cooked with shrooms, tends to taste good whereas I hate mushrooms plain....

While I am an avid meat eater (totally have this thing for chicken *droolz*) I do really like veggie burgers. Though I have to agree the meat substitute doesn't taste like meat (mainly due to the fact that texture is impossible to get right not to mention juices), I don't think it tastes bad either. Quorn's ok. I think it all depends on the skill of the cook how good things taste. I detest vegetables though. Icky things. Can't stand eating more than 5 mouthfuls. Makes me feel sick. Though I did have a sprout craving once. Odd.

Fruit is just lovely. Especially water melon! and sharon fruit. Cherries, grapes...list is endless...

Wild mushrooms are amazing! When I was about 8 and we visited U.S.A. we found this gigantic wild mushroom that must've fallen off a tree or something. Mum made this absolutely gorgeous soup out of it. It was absolutely lush! Of course I was worried it might be poisonous and I might die, heh, but trial and error obviously didn't do me TOO much damage So oyster mushrooms etc. are lovely ~grynz~ try them sometime. Wild oyster mushrooms stir fried with chives (*gglz* I eat wayyyyyyyyy too much oil, heehee)

EDIT: *sigh* just can't type at all...

[ 03-06-2002: Message edited by: ʆë®Ñï†Ý ]