Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2002, 08:47 PM   #1
Darkness555
Elite Waterdeep Guard

SPOILER ALERTS>>>
* (I'm sure this might have been bought up somewhere before, but oh well, I'm just doing it FYI for anyone who hasn't beat the game yet). Is anyone else having trouble with Melissan in the end, you know how she keeps respawning? I can beat her once, twice, even three times yes, but without being able to rest I can't finish the game. I'm a necromancer, see, and my spells are completely gone. Limited wish doesn't bring back anything that I need. In the Banshee guide someone said the regular wish can make it so you have rested. I tried that a few times but couldn't get that option.

Even after I almost kill Melissan and she retreats to regain power, her creatures don't disappear like the Banshee guide says, I still have to kill all of them. And she's been summoning a LOT. Bone wraiths, Slayer Shadows, Beholders, Marilliths, all kinds of demons, etc.(this is all at once). She keeps timestopping, sometimes twice in a row, and filling the screen with so much junk that even my summoned horde is puny compared. So I got to the last room right before you fight the fallen solar, and I was too weak. I had spent all day trying to beat this thing, and I don't want to bump the level down, then it would be too easy.

I decided enough is enough, I saved, and I reloaded an earlier save back in that little desert town, stocked up on potions, scrolls, and the like, exported my character, then reloaded to the last room in the Abyss I had just saved and imported my characters file from earlier, and boom, my spells are all back, I'm 100%, and I got tons of potions to distribute. It may sound like a cheat, but if she can keep going back and regenerating, then I should at least be able to do it ONCE. Right?

Have a good one...

-D
Darkness555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 05:13 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I have done it once with a solo Sorcerer, and once with a solo Cavalier. Both on insane difficulty.

It can be done.

Your mage needs high wisdom to get a high chance to get the rest and rememorise all spells option. This is where Potions of Insight come in handy, if your mage's WIS is below 18.

[ 06-15-2002, 05:15 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 05:26 AM   #3
Darkness555
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have 18 wisdom and all, but just wasn't getting it. I tried dozens of times.

I could've finished without the import but it was just not worth the extra effort... and so unfair...

Cool ending though.

-D
Darkness555 is offline   Reply With Quote