Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 06-27-2002, 07:06 AM   #1
Shadowfax
Dungeon Master

--; In the Windspear Hills, Garren stays up by the ruins. Then, one time I fought some orcs up there an all of the sudden he turned evil and started attacking me. If I just run away and go to his house, he's there and is good. Should I kill the evil one? I'm not sure if a nice one would be at his house if I did. Secondly, in the Umar Hills wolf killing quest, where do I put the disc when I'm in the ruined temple? I thought I'd put it in the statue's arms (not the talking one, the other one next to the shadow's cell) but I don't know how. Should I just put it in the little compartment and wait for awhile?
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 07:16 AM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

I am not sure about the Windspear-thing, but if there is one hostile and one non-hostile, you can try killing the hostile one. I've never seen Garren up by the ruins, so it's probably an imposter.

Now, for the Umar Hills, the Symbol of Amaunator is only usable to open the door to the Shadow Dragon. After you have opened it, defeated the Dragon and his master, you can just throw it away, unless you wanna keep a souvenire. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 11:28 PM   #3
robohobodude
The Magister

mmmm hmmm yup that's exactly what i was gonna say
Old 06-28-2002, 06:45 PM   #4
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Garren shouldn`t have stayed by the ruins... did you speak to him after the town meeting ??
If you did, are you sure that it is Garren Windspear ?? ie. If you hold your cursor over him, does it come up with "Garren Windspear" ??
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 08:45 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

When you show up at the Windspear Hills and kill a few Ogres, Garren shows up and urges you to visit his house. If you do, he gives you the skinny on the Firkraag story. If you don't, he appears outside the ruins, so you can't go fight a Red Dragon without at least some inkling of what's going on. The fact that there are two Garrens is a bug.

Not going inside the house makes the back-story a bit confusing; for clarity of sub-plot, I urge newbies to enter Garren's home right off the bat.

[EDIT] It's ironically fitting that this very post gave me enough posts to finally be a Red Dragon.

[ 06-28-2002, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: SixOfSpades ]