Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-02-2000, 10:44 PM   #11
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Doh!!! Thanx ladyzekke, I forgot that one. The stakes don't do anything when battling Vamps, they can't even be equipped. They are for certain scripted situations where you have to stake coffins in the underground tombs in the Graveyard district using that arrowed circle icon...
Old 12-03-2000, 01:39 AM   #12
draconia

Thanks everyone. I have decided that I am going to travel during the day until I can get some good weapons to beat vampires. I am tired of hearing everyone complain that their weapons have no effect. But I will remember what all of you have suggested so when it is time for me to fight vampires. Thanks everyone.

Old 12-03-2000, 09:47 AM   #13
ingulf the mad

ok i dont know how u are having problems, where talking about the 1 female and 2 male vampires that attack you? well i killed them only using +1 weopons. Game time is 6 days and i have equiped all but 1 with +1 weopons (swords,arrows,bullets) and they did just fine( except for the level drains, ggggrrr that was expensive to fix).

Old 12-03-2000, 09:49 AM   #14
Armisael

Hmm? Vampires can only be hit with +2 or better weapons.

Old 12-03-2000, 02:01 PM   #15
cleric

I am a Priest of Lathander , an i have the special abbility "Hold Undead".
does this spell has effect on the vampires ?

and does eny body nows wat "Boon of Lathander" does , i cast i but i can see any thing on my stats , our something else .

Old 12-20-2000, 01:53 AM   #16
Grathian

On the note of weapons, if you have someone that can use an axe I STRONGLY suggest geting Azure Edge from the Copper Coronet (after you free the slaves) Its a Throwing axe that auot returns to your hand, and just tears undead apart. If you are having a problem fighting Vampires you are going to have an even worse problem getting Daystar, but here is a little trick you can use. When the lich casts Time Stop, wait for the spell to end then leave the room. Rest, then go back after him.. run up on him as fast as you can and get him. His protections will have been used up by this point.

Old 12-20-2000, 04:10 AM   #17
hobs

well.. 'couse i'm playing bard as my main character, I've also ocasionaly tend to have some minor problems with the tougher enemies. But luckily I also have a pretty good druid, who can summon couple of fire elementals as bodyguard to stomp around with me. City witches don't mind element summoning or healing. Try using crushing type of weapons? they seems to deliver damage almost every kind of creature, even iron golems. Also that "creat magical weapon(or something)" spell is pretty handy..

-hobs-