Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 10-20-2006, 12:22 AM   #1
Klorox
Symbol of Cyric

No cheating, no mods. You can either create a party with Bioware (only!) NPCs or create up to six party members of your own (or a combo of the two). No 3rd party NPCs please.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-- Edmund Burke
Klorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 04:53 PM   #2
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Six sorcerors.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 07:32 PM   #3
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

bollocks, sorry illumina, but i think yu beed at least one fighter or somebody capable of mellee. i think ranger cleric, is the best bet. hey im back again, nice to be back. i would have at least 2 sorcerors, two ranger clerics or similar and 1 fighter, probably beserker, dwarf most likely and then 1 something else.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:33 PM   #4
IronDragon
Elminster

If I had to create such a party from scratch:

Monk - at higher levels these guys have incredible power. Quivering palm, ridiculous magic resistance, fast movement, stealth. I would put some proficiencies in axes as there are some very nice throwing axes in the game so he can have some ranged attacks…otherwise let his fists do the talking

Berserker  Mage -- Dual a Berserker at to a Mage at level 9 or 12. Incredibly powerful, more so than the fabled Kensai  Mage largely because of the lack of restriction regarding gauntles/bracers. Proficiencies in dual wielding katanas and long swords.

Sorcerer -- the ultimate spell caster. Proficiencies in quarterstaffs

Fighter dueled early (say level seven…sort of like Anomen) to Priest of Lathander. Proficiencies in flail and mace and hammers to make use of three of the games uber-weapons, the FoA and the improved Mace of Disruption and Crom Faeyr. Eventually he can dual wield FoA and Crom in his off hand

Bounty Hunter. Sneaky and able to set traps galore. Tansheron's Bow and either daggers or long swords

Inquisitor - This guy's major plus is his Dispel Magic ability, which he casts at twice his level, and he comes immune to Hold and Charm spells. His automatic high Charisma makes him the ideal front man for the group. Proficiencies in two handed swords and crossbows
Old 10-21-2006, 01:44 AM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by timothy trotter:
bollocks, sorry illumina, but i think yu beed at least one fighter or somebody capable of mellee. i think ranger cleric, is the best bet. hey im back again, nice to be back. i would have at least 2 sorcerors, two ranger clerics or similar and 1 fighter, probably beserker, dwarf most likely and then 1 something else.
Actually, Illumina's idea is very much viable. Of course... a Six Sorcerers game would be pretty boring... because it would be too damned easy.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 03:15 AM   #6
Andraste
Manshoon

I'd disagree with Illumina slightly. The ultimate powergaming party is one sorcerer.
Andraste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:41 AM   #7
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

How about three sorcerers?
Old 10-21-2006, 03:53 PM   #8
ZFR
Legion Symbol

how about 4?