Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2003, 01:05 AM   #1
Butterfingers
Drizzt Do'Urden

Ok.

Need help from you folks that have played evil dispicable people in game.

I keep running into Paladins from the Order of the Radiant Heart. My rep is usually a one.

When I travel between maps, I seem to always get in encounter where some twit says "Your villiany ends here today, blah blah blah" or something to that effect. The problem is, it KEEPS happening. I keep killing the same guys over and over and over, it's getting rather boring. Somebody is forking over a lot of gold to keep raising these poor fools from the dead. If they can't kill me the first time, what makes them think they can the second time? It made me so angry I finally went to the Radiant Heart building to lodge a complaint, I could not get any results so I gated in two pit fiends and went to town.

I guess I should have Viccy find some time to work on public relations, but, really, an evil Stormlord of Talos should be evil if you get my drift.

Nobody likes me, everybody hates me, guess I'll go eat worms...

Rather disapointed really, playing the evil side of the coin gets sort of predictable and boring.

On a side note, about my last post, the one about lightning bolt damage, anybody been able to figure out what the actual damage is? Or if it does indeed have a cap?
Butterfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 06:07 AM   #2
Baros
Manshoon

That's the problem with a low rep (hence playing as evil). Everytime you move into a new location there's a chance (100% at rep 1) that they'll spawn and attack. You'll also notice that no-one will sell you anything, which could cause a few problems. Your best bet is to keep the rep almost reasonable (7 or 8) which should allow your evil side to flourish whilst keeping the law abiding do-gooders off your back.
Baros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 06:44 AM   #3
LennonCook
Jack Burton

An evil person would take advantage of others, and thus would keep a good reputation so that people would trust them.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 10:14 AM   #4
drewal
Drow Warrior

When I played my Stormlord of Talos, I didn't worry about maintainging rep. The advantage the traditional evil group has is that the party only has 4 or 5 people in it, so the levels come faster, and the individual characters are, in general, some of the more powerful in the game. Edwin = best mage. Korgan = one of the best tanks. Vicconia = good cleric so long as you equip her with some strength boosting item (gauntlets of ogre power, girdle of XXXX giant strength).

Things should be harder for the most evil group of people in the land.

Think about gangs of outlaws in the Wild West in the U.S. in the 18th century. They were constantly being hunted by the law.

Since I purposely kept my rep. at 1, I faced the Amnish Guards and Cowled Enforcers in Athkatla regularly. At the early levels, they are just too much to battle - the right techniques will mean a win, but then you've got to go rest everytime you enter a new area of the city - it gets tireseom.

So Iberius Ixtasatol - the Stormlord, led his party of evildoers (Edwin, Korgan, Vicconia) into the wilderness.

Again think of the parallel to the Wild West - the outlaws hung around in the west, on the frontier, not back in civilization, back east.

Thus, an evil party should spend most of their time in the Umar Hills, the Shadow Temple, Nalia's Keep, and the Windspear Hills, before wandering around Athkatla a great deal.

Doing so makes sense from a role-playing perspective.

By the time you get up enough levels, the law-enforcers will be a piece of cake. A couple of power words/pierce magics at the two enforcers, and then a few area of effect spells and all of the do-gooders are dead, along with a few innocenet bystanders.

After a time, blasting the law-enforcers will be no more annoying - or time consuming - than waiting for you party to gather before moving to the next area.
Old 01-04-2003, 12:27 PM   #5
Butterfingers
Drizzt Do'Urden

They are not hard really, just a pain in the arse. A serious pain. Like a swarm of bugs that just wont go away.

I don't understand why I am so hated. I did the city a lot of good. For example. I went through the city one day and went beggar hunting. I killed every last one of those miserable wretches living in the streets bringing property values down. Then I went fatty hunting. I killed all of the fat lazy slobs standing in the streets with nothing to do. Then there was all those annoying children running around, poking fun at you, making fun of elves, telling you you smell like pee, you know the sorts. Talos demands blood for insults against his chosen Stormlord. I also felt that the Temple of Talos could use new management so I killed everybody there. (After I did all my stronghold Qs of course)

Of course, I did do a few things I aint to proud of. Like um, when I was in the Temple of Ilmater, the one that has a bunch of kids, I got a little outraged at the prices for things I needed so I gated in a Pit Fiend. Reputation went from 4 right down to 1 in no time. I'll admit, I lost my temper and my control for a moment.

The only beings I don't kill are Halflings, well, mostly because Garreth Sourbelch IS a Halfling. Probably the most evil Halfling to ever walk the face of Faerun. He has a soft spot for his own kind. (Well he did kill all those savage Halflings in the Planar Sphere but that's different) He has a beef with the tall folks though, and, their kneecaps will feel his wrath.

Hmmm maybe he has a Napoleon complex.
Butterfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 06:15 PM   #6
shadowolf03
Drow Warrior

I find it is quite fun being evil....and especially when you use standard attack scripts on your NPC's so that they attack any enemy they see....

You go to a place like the docks district and kill one beggar then the nearby people turn into enemies and either attack or run....your party spreads out from the entrance automatically and begin the 'cleansing' operation. it quite fun when you look back at the carcasses leaving a few coin here and there....