Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-18-2002, 11:17 AM   #1
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

Maybe you guys and gals have discussed this matter through long away back in time, but I want to freshen it up a bit. So why isn´t there forum for Planescape:Torment? I think it kind of belongs in here..
Old 10-18-2002, 11:24 AM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Well, the discussion's been had countless times, and it's rather pointless. Torment is:

#1: Old
#2: Unmoddable
#3: Not a multiplayer game

Those three things disqualify it from having a forum here, in my opinion, even if it IS one of the best Infinity Engine RPG's in existence. If not THE best.
Old 10-18-2002, 11:25 AM   #3
Epona
Zartan

You can discuss PST in the Miscellaneous CRPG Forum!
Old 10-18-2002, 12:37 PM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
You can discuss PST in the Miscellaneous CRPG Forum!
That's right...that is why we have that forum.

Link to forum
Old 10-18-2002, 01:21 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Well, the discussion's been had countless times, and it's rather pointless. Torment is:

Those three things disqualify it from having a forum here, in my opinion, even if it IS one of the best Infinity Engine RPG's in existence. If not THE best.
Neb, if #2 and #3 were really criteria, then we wouldn't have the Wizards & Warriors and Wizardry 8 forums. The fact of the matter is that PS:T is an older game, and not played that much anymore.

That said, though, the link that Larry provided is an excellent place to discuss PS:T and other games that don't warrant a full forum.

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 10-18-2002, 01:39 PM   #6
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
quote:
Originally posted by Neb:

Neb, if #2 and #3 were really criteria, then we wouldn't have the Wizards & Warriors and Wizardry 8 forums. The fact of the matter is that PS:T is an older game, and not played that much anymore.

That said, though, the link that Larry provided is an excellent place to discuss PS:T and other games that don't warrant a full forum.

-Sazerac
[/QUOTE]Saz, I meant that because it was old there wasn't much interest in it any more, and it was also unmoddable and not MP so interest couldn't be held in that way, cancelling the oldness. Moddable old games like UT and HalfLife are still being played, for example, but the non-moddable ones aren't being played as much. I didn't at all mean that #2 and #3 were required criteria for everything.
Old 10-18-2002, 01:56 PM   #7
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

This is the best PS: T forum that I know of. No flames and few trolls, spam at a minimum.

http://feedback.blackisle.com/forums...d=26&x=10&y=12
Old 10-18-2002, 05:19 PM   #8
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

Well thanks for the answers. Miscellaneous RPGS board has practically died. I see not much reason to post there questions about some stopper in Torment if it takes a week to get a couple of answers. I believe that a forum dedicated to Torment might be more popular, because people still play it and want to get answers to their questions which they don´t get from Misc. board, because no one is either not interested about the game (anymore) or they don´t find the board.

I think Planescape is up there with BG series, deafinitely.

By the way, how old are Wizardy´s?
Old 10-18-2002, 05:28 PM   #9
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by NiceWorg:

By the way, how old are Wizardy´s?
I think that Wizardry 8 was released last year or somewhere at the beginning of this year... Not too sure. Only played the demo of it, myself.