Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 09-24-2011, 01:33 AM   #1
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Default Deciding which game to get...

I'm desperately in need of a new game or two, but I really don't know what to get. I'm getting mixed reviews of everything on the market at the moment, so I thought I'd ask the people here for some opinions.

I don't mind if it's for xbox or pc, however fps are preferred for xbox, and rpg or rts for pc.

Any suggestions?
Wolf Rider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 06:38 PM   #2
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Default Re: Deciding which game to get...

it would be helpful if you could give a top 10 list per genre' of games you have already played. otherwise we could be making suggestions only to read that you've already played it.

Plus it will give us an idea of the type of game style/form you prefer per genre'.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:17 PM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Bioshock 1 & 2, StarCraft 2 for starters and, if you haven't tried them yet. Sims Medieval is somewhat entertaining for a while.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:25 AM   #4
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

For xbox, I like games such as Halo, Assassin's Creed, stuff like that.
For pc, generally games like Age of Empires, Oblivion, Myst etc.

SW, I haven't played any of those yet, I'll give them a shot, thanks
Wolf Rider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:16 AM   #5
uk_john
Dungeon Master

If you like a cRPG in the vein of Deus Ex, with deep roleplaying and HL2 type combat, you need to check out an indie game called E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy. It's $20 on Steam, so it won't break the bank!

There are lots of video's on You Tube and the game is getting 8's and 9's.

Imagine a game that has the gameworld of Deus Ex mixed with Bladerunner, huge game levels with lots of reasons to explore and more augmentations and PSI elements than the original Deus Ex!

It has taken game idea's from classic games, so for example, your character can panic and you allocate the number of scientists to do research, as in X-Com!
uk_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:05 PM   #6
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

The many Total War games are fun also. Civ 5 can consume hours of your time if you let it.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:30 AM   #7
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Have you given WoW a shot yet? It's a perennial favorite, and it has maybe another 3ish years left in it before it becomes totally outdated. It's made me shelve most all other games, even those competitors I tried along the way, for the past 6ish years.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:35 AM   #8
Kezardin
Elminster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Rider2 View Post
For pc, generally games like Age of Empires, Oblivion, Myst etc.
If you haven't tried it yet, the Nehrim total conversion for Oblivion is quite enjoyable - audio is German but there's English text.

I recently installed Temple of Elemental Evil (from GOG.com) and the Circle of 8 modpack - haven't gone far yet.
Kezardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:45 AM   #9
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Thumbs Up Re: Deciding which game to get...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Loftis View Post
Have you given WoW a shot yet? It's a perennial favorite, and it has maybe another 3ish years left in it before it becomes totally outdated. It's made me shelve most all other games, even those competitors I tried along the way, for the past 6ish years.
Aye WoW has much longevity.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:19 AM   #10
Raistlin Majere
Ra

I am personally waiting eagerly for Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim, Diablo 3 and Heros of Might and Magic 6(though it may well be a flop). Thus trying to avoid buying too many games at this point..However, CIV 5 is very entertaining, Shogun 2 less so than I expected..

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote