Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-20-2001, 12:11 AM   #1
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well, Friday at work the BGII forum was down. Then major storms came through our area and blew out the power to 275,000 homes where I live (that translates into no game playing). We went to my office on Saturday because they had power and the BG Forum was still down (oh shit). It is now Monday. I am not at work because we have no clean clothes and haven't bathed since Thursday (we are about to go over to a friends house to shower), we been sleeping on the floor at church (because it is very cold here), And I am mad as hell because I haven't gotten to play since Thursady. We MIGHT get our power back by midnight tonight (am not going to hold my breath). I did come to the library to check in with you guys. Hope everybody else's weekend went better than mind. Pray or whatever you do that I get power back soon. I'll check in with you guys when I get back to work.

Reeka, the Desparate
Old 02-20-2001, 12:17 AM   #2
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hi Reeka, that sure sucks! Where did all this happen? We had some rain here (NC) last week but it wasnt too bad. Hopefully your power will be on soon!
Old 02-20-2001, 01:37 PM   #3
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Man, Reeka that sounds absolutely horrible!! I hate it when the power goes out, especially if it's cold outside. You just sit there in the dark freezing with nothing to do, I hate it! It really makes you think just how much we humans rely on electricity. The feeling of pure joy you feel when FINALLY the power comes back on! You feel like you've just won the lottery or something! You ignore the luxury when you have it, but take it away and panic ensues!! I pray that you get power soon and can go home!
Old 02-20-2001, 01:50 PM   #4
Tobbin_OHF

My friend, I truly hope with all my heart that things get better for you soon. I know exactly how it feels without power, water, phone, etc. You feel rather powerless cause you know there's not a damn thing you can do but wait. We lost all of our utilities when we were hit by a hurricane and I didn't have electricity for 3 weeks. I was luckier with water as we had that back again in 3 days. Phones were back on in less than a day. It did make everything pretty hard. Luckily, we had a good community and everyone came together to help out. I was a little luckier than most that I didn't work in the same city that I lived in and was able to take a shower there. I felt pretty guilty walking around clean while everyone else was dirty. But there is the one thing for you though. It doesn't last forever. Hopefully, it won't be that long at all. Good luck to you.

Old 02-20-2001, 01:51 PM   #5
Vicotnik
Zhentarim Guard

Oh my, Reeka! That IS indeed a horrible weekend! Let's hope things get back to normal ASAP for you!
Old 02-20-2001, 08:06 PM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Reeka, no-longer-to-be-newbie, hope everything is better now! Give us an update when you can
Old 02-20-2001, 10:16 PM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Yikes! Hope you have power now!

Cloudbringer
Old 02-20-2001, 10:20 PM   #8
Valen

Ouch...Hope you every thing gets fixed soon.

Old 02-21-2001, 02:41 AM   #9
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

My hoowls go to you that you will be able to get back here in a flurry to tell us good news of your latest playings!!

I wish you the best!