Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-30-2001, 12:37 AM   #71
turbovee
Elminster

Utah? Cool. I went to Granger High School in West Valley so many eons ago.
Old 01-30-2001, 12:40 AM   #72
Larr2

To answer your "question of the day" that you mentioned earlier, wanting to know the spanish word for OK...the literal term is Bueno. Of course, Norhtern Mexicans will understand OK just the same...I lived in Tijuana and Mexicali for two years, and you would be surprised to hear how many "spanish" words are just english words that are adapted into their own language. "Spanglish" is a good way to put it.
There are a few of us on the postings here that are fluent...Memnoch and ¿ Armsiel ?(spelling)are two that I know of.
Digo yo, es bien importantismo para aprender Español. Nuestros niños van a usar español mas y mas en las esquelas y con sus amigos, porque hay vienen muchos Hispanos de nuestro paiz. Aprendelo...y nunca lo dejas fallar...Es su futuro...¿Comentos? ¿Pregunatas? ¿Chistes? ¿Chismes?

Old 01-30-2001, 12:45 AM   #73
draconia

Turbovee, I know where that is at. Well, West Valley City not the high school. I have only lived in Utah for 6 yrs. I grew up in Nevada and I was born in Mexico. My husband was born in Utah and has lived here all of his life. So far, I really don't like living here in Utah, I would rather live where you do. San Diego was a place that I have always wanted to go. I live 3 1/2 hours south of Salt Lake City. (Middle of nowhwere)

Old 01-30-2001, 01:02 AM   #74
turbovee
Elminster

I totally understand, that's why I live in San Diego. I only lived in Utah for 3 years and although it was a nice family experience I was glad when I left. I'm not mormon so it was hard for me to adjust to all of the church influence. Where exactly do you live?
Old 01-30-2001, 01:08 AM   #75
draconia

I live in Green River. Alot of ppl don't know where that is. The problem that I have living here is the fact that I am not from Utah and this town don't like newcomers. I still have that problem and I have lived in Green River for 6 yrs. But my husband likes it here and he has lived in Green River for almost 20 years. So I deal with it plus to make it easier, I just stay home. If you don't know where Green River is, let me know and I can try to explain where it is.

Old 01-30-2001, 01:22 AM   #76
Talieson

I'm the Hillbilly from Knoxville, Tennessee (USA).

Hey Turbovee, cool collection of cars. I sold a 72' convertible Bug last spring and regretted it all summer. They are great little cars. Just couldn't get all my family in it easily. Man I'd give my left nut for that Microbus. There is nothing cooler!

Moiraine, I'm glad you are back! I must have missed somthing after the crash yesterday. I didn't get back til late last night and there wasn't a whole lot on the board from yesterday and nothing with your name on it. Or was all that friday. Heck, I don't know, I've been sick all weekend long. Anyway glad you didn't leave.

My hat comes off you whose native tongue isn't english! You all are excellent at writing the english language. I had Spanish in high school, but I haven't used it in so long that I have forgotten most of it. My daughter, who is in kindergarden is making me learn it all over again. One of her little friends is Mexican and she is trying so hard to learn his language. BTW how do you say OK in spanish? That was the question of the day today. Does anyone have a clue?

Old 01-30-2001, 01:27 AM   #77
turbovee
Elminster

I know exactly were Green River is, and you're right unless your a native you're suspect to everyone there. The great thing about living in San Diego (beside the weather)is that everyone is from somewhere else and everyone has a different background so you're able to blend right in. Well I hope it gets better for you at least you can dive into a video game to escape for awhile
Old 01-30-2001, 01:30 AM   #78
turbovee
Elminster

Talieson: I don't know, what's a left nut worth these days?
Old 01-30-2001, 01:39 AM   #79
Talieson

Probably not as much as that Microbus is worth. You see buses around here frequantly, but not 23 windows. Man those thing are rear. The only time I have seen them is at the Volunteer Bug Jam, here in Knoxville.

Old 01-30-2001, 01:43 AM   #80
draconia

Turbovee, what I would give to live in a place like that. I stay home, tend to my 3 kids, play on the computer and I leave the house if I have to run errands. Sometimes someone will ask me if I moved and if I am here visiting my inlaws. I think it's funny because I am still here and since I don't leave the house much, they think we moved. I can't believe that I finally met someone who knows where Green River is. Most of the time I have to mention Moab or the Arches National Park and then they have an idea where Green River is.