Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-13-2001, 03:18 PM   #1
maxkillen
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am have just started BGII with the add-on and have just exited the dungeon, Iomen has been taken away and I have a few questions. Just what exactly is turn undead, my character, a wizard-slaying fighter has it available, I've haven't found out anything about it. What good is it and when do I use it. Also, I have Yoshimo in my party and it appears that I can dual class him, do I want to do that? Will it make hime less of what he is.
Old 08-13-2001, 03:39 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Turn Undead, I thought, was only for Priests and Paladins. Priests have the ability at two levels higher than Paladins do. Basically, depending on what level you're at compared to the level of the undead, it can either totally demolish them (dispel) or make them run screaming into the night! Or neither, if you're not lucky or not a high enough level.

SPOILER ALERT
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
I used "Turn Undead" with much efficacy in the Unseeing Eye quest in the lower levels, when facing the mummies and ghasts. It got to be rather hilarious, as I had Anomen on one side turning them and Aerie on the other side turning them...they didn't know which way to run fast enough! So they went round and round like crazed, caged poodles while my fighters whacked them down to skeletal remains. It was a scream!

------------------
Old 08-13-2001, 03:54 PM   #3
Starkiller
The Magister

Dualing allows you to start advancing a character in another class other that what they already are. Only humans can dual, and I believe you need a score of 16 or better in your classes prime requisite, and 17 or better in the prime requisite (main stat) of the class you want to dual to. You will become a member of the new class, level one, and have none of the abilities of your old class except the hitpoints you had before. You will advance normally in this class until you reach one level higher than you were in the old class, at which point you will regain all the abilities you had aquired in the old class, but you will only be able to continue advancing in the new class. EXAMPLE: you have a 10th level fighter with a 18 strength, and a 17 intelligence. You have 90 hitpoints. You decide to dual to a mage. You will become a level 1 mage with 90 hitpoints. As you go up in levels normally you will not gain any additional hitpoints. When you reach level 11 as a mage, you will become a fighter level10, mage level11, and will get back all your fighter bonuses. From now on, you will only advance in levels as a mage, and will gain hit points normally. I am pretty sure this is completely correct, but if anyone notices a mistake please correct me. Hope this helps

------------------
"Not everything ends the way you think it should"
Old 08-13-2001, 09:01 PM   #4
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

The only problem about using Turn Undead is that the character doign it can't do anything else except move. Try to use an item, cast a spell or attack, and you stop Turning. Not good if that character also happens to be your tank or primary spell caster.

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc
Old 08-14-2001, 05:18 AM   #5
Tuor
Elminster

Dual classing needs 15 in the primary stat of the first class and 17 in the primary stat of the second.

However if you want to dual class a ranger to cleric you need 18 in Str, Con, Dex and Wis or you cant do it. I believe the reason for this is that the ranger has more than one 'primary' statistic.
Old 08-16-2001, 02:54 AM   #6
WizWom
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Tuor:
Dual classing needs 15 in the primary stat of the first class and 17 in the primary stat of the second.

However if you want to dual class a ranger to cleric you need 18 in Str, Con, Dex and Wis or you cant do it. I believe the reason for this is that the ranger has more than one 'primary' statistic.
Actually, for a ranger to dual-class, he must have only 15 strength and 15 dexterity.
To dual class to a cleric you only need 17 wisdom.
Constitution is not needed at any specific level to dual-class from a ranger or to a cleric.

A simple experimental session would have answered this question; it is not difficult to do the test cases. Has the scientific method been forgotten?

------------------
WizWom - Wandering Kernel of Happiness