Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dragon Age™ Origins

Old 10-29-2009, 07:06 AM   #11
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Default Re: BioWare going Facebooky for DA:O Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
I dunno, the more I see of this game the more I start to wonder. It seems quite dumbed down due to it being on consoles, almost like Oblivion was. You know, everything can be accessed via one of three buttons etc. Streamlining is nice, but consoling is not since we end up with what feels like a port to PC.

Also, the graphics are a bit too dark for my liking, and the whole mood is very grey/bland. Maybe i'm totally wrong, as i'm judging from short snippets of gameplay and cutscenes but I amn't getting *too* excited until I play it and see. Even if the above points are true, if the gameplay is fun and rewarding it won't matter.
I suggest you go to http://www.wardensquest.com - Bioware just finished a 24 hour live tournament for DA:O and there are (were?) a bunch of extended game play videos of the 10 teams that were competing. The game looked great to me, and it's definitely challenging. In fairness, it WAS a competition with 50,000$ at stake to the winning team so there was a LOT of pausing in the game play. As for the graphics being dark, I did NOT get that impression at all. And the PC GUI was definitely NOT a "three button" console portover.

I do agree about the Bioware social network forums though. They look cheesy.

For that matter, you can always go to Dragon Age: Journeys and try out the game there. http://www.dragonagejourneys.com/

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783

Last edited by Micah Foehammer; 10-29-2009 at 07:11 AM.
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:43 PM   #12
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah Foehammer View Post
I suggest you go to http://www.wardensquest.com - Bioware just finished a 24 hour live tournament for DA:O and there are (were?) a bunch of extended game play videos of the 10 teams that were competing. The game looked great to me, and it's definitely challenging. In fairness, it WAS a competition with 50,000$ at stake to the winning team so there was a LOT of pausing in the game play. As for the graphics being dark, I did NOT get that impression at all. And the PC GUI was definitely NOT a "three button" console portover.

I do agree about the Bioware social network forums though. They look cheesy.

For that matter, you can always go to Dragon Age: Journeys and try out the game there. http://www.dragonagejourneys.com/
I mean, I hope you guys are right. Lord knows, it's been a long time since we got a good rpg. I will check the site out when I get a chance.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:25 PM   #13
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Just a heads up. The Dragon Age Journey site is NOTHING like the real game. It's kind of cartoony and is designed to give you a brief overview of some of the monsters, items, spells and stuff that's in the real game. It DOES allow you to finish a few quests and earn some bennies for the real game but again do NOT think the Journeys is going to be anything like the real game.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:28 AM   #14
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Just opened the Ironworks Dragon Age Forum!! Make sure to post there!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 04:09 PM   #15
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestormalpha View Post
Rest assured you will see duplicate thread postings within the first 20 minutes
That's inevitable. People will always be too lazy or in too much of a hurry to look at the whole forum before posting another thread exactly like a previous one.

-al'Lan Mandragoran, Last Lord of the Seven Towers
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote