Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2001, 07:35 PM   #11
Gavin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Actually, I say that killing vamps is WAY harder than killing Thieves. Thieves don't level drain you, and they don't require plus weapons to hit. They generally have a slower attack, less hit points, and don't move as fast.

Gavin.
Old 08-16-2001, 01:32 AM   #12
WizWom
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Go thieves.
Yes, you don't get to kill Renal Bloodscalp and loot his boots of speed, but instead you get 3 thieves in chapter 6 as cannon fodder for the bunch of vampires you have to kill anyway you play the game.

And the vampires aren't tough, you just lead with a fighter/druid wearing the amulet of power and really good armor - like full plate & a great magical shield. It's even better if they can carry something which messes up a Vampires' day - like Azureedge.

I finished the Ch3 Vampires when I was L10, it was a piece of cake.
Of course, the thieves would have been a cakewalk, too.

------------------
WizWom - Wandering Kernel of Happiness
Old 08-16-2001, 01:43 AM   #13
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Starkiller:
Same items actually for the most part, not a huge difference, although, I just finishing chapter three for Bohdi now, it may have later repercussions. What are you better at killing, vamps or people? Get the point? Biggest difference is that Bohdi's quests, while not exactly evil, are a little more...dark.
No later repercussions, alignment change, drop in rep... afaik.
But you *will* have to face vampires later, like it or not.

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc
Old 08-16-2001, 11:47 AM   #14
Jarlaxle
Elite Waterdeep Guard

someone said "...messes up a vampire's day." wouldn't that be night?
Old 08-16-2001, 12:57 PM   #15
LSRVIKING
The Magister

Bodhi wouldnt let me side with her because my character is a Theif. So the vampire whore dies I guess.
Old 08-18-2001, 03:56 AM   #16
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

REASONS TO SIDE WITH THE VAMPIRES:

powergaming: you get the same items, and as already stated, a few cool ones you can't siding with the thieves

combat: every battle has its "how to"; battling a few level drainers is no harder or easier than lots of hasted/backstabbing thieves; different path, same outcome: you win

moral/ethical: how aiding a thieves' guild could be considered "good" is a joke. you end up wiping out the vampires anyway.

story/fame: listen carefully... you wipe out the biggest, baddest, most powerful thieves' guild this side of waterdeep. are you kidding? that's an entire chapter in amn's history books! the repercussions of this are many and immense.
Old 08-18-2001, 08:38 AM   #17
ecob16
Dungeon Master

Thanks a lot for your help i think ill side with Bodhi- better items and who needs three thieves when youve got paladins and Drizzt?
Old 08-18-2001, 09:43 AM   #18
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by ecob16:

Thanks a lot for your help i think ill side with Bodhi- better items and who needs three thieves when youve got paladins and Drizzt?
MINOR SPOILER
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Just be ready to boost your reputation back up afterwards.

------------------

Death is only the beginning...