Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2001, 04:14 PM   #1
deathknight
Drow Warrior

You know I really appreciate all of the help an advice that I get on this board but I am getting frustrated to the point of not coming here any more. To me saying something that goes spoiler: and then talks about ToB helps me not. This is a BG II board and if you are gunna say a spoiler I am expecting a BG II spoiler which I do not mind to read since I have seen most of the game and I am specifically looking for stuff I missed. Then there is alot of people that spoil ToB stuff without any warning at all. Maybe I am just a little sensative to this sort of thing and am out of line but even small stuff like saying the names of people who are avaible to join your party in ToB ticks me off(I am not going to mention who although the persons name was mentioned in many posts I read here already). Really finding out about a magic item is not as bad as ruining a roleplaying moment for me since I could go play diablo if all I was worried about was cool magic items.

Am I out of line here or do other people feel like this?
Old 07-22-2001, 04:28 PM   #2
IntrospectiveIdeals
Dungeon Master

I don't know, try and do something other than playing comp games and the fact someone has said the name of a computer character won't drastically affect your life as it does now.
Old 07-22-2001, 06:20 PM   #3
Tananda
Elminster

Sorry to hear this, Deathknight.

Actually there is no spoilers in revealing character's names available to join your party in ToB - you'll understand this when playing ToB yourself .
Believe me, just knowing their names means nothing and doesn't eliminate any surprises possible.

May be spoilers are so individual thing, but I haven't been spoiled on this board yet

Anyway, just be more cautious while reading posts, but, please, do not leave this wonderful forum! We do not want to lose you!
I wish you good luck and no spoilers!

Hugs,
Tanda

Old 07-23-2001, 12:45 AM   #4
deathknight
Drow Warrior

Well I don't really want to leave and I don't think I will but how can one be more cautious? When its not a ToB forum and people say don't do this or in ToB you can't get this certain item or something like that hope am I supposed to know that I am about to be spoiled?
Old 07-23-2001, 01:44 PM   #5
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Lots of the people who post ToB-related topics in the SoA-related forum, a naive to the fact that they overlook the BG2-ToB, and go straight to BG2-SoA. Lots of people want help, but sometimes you should take the time to look where you're posting. You don't want to be posting a W&W question in the BG1 forum. People who have not played the game yet, and want to get it will feel spoiled. Like most of us in this forum that don't have ToB yet. To sum up all this mess, when they click on the address for IronWorks, and their getting ready to click on SoA, they should stop and read the other forum names.