Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-27-2001, 06:34 PM   #11
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Hesperex:
Ay Yo, you don't be messin wiff me m8, no wot i is sayin, 250s way of prsenting fings be frickin unik man, no wot im sayin??? so dont be messin wif me omies of i'll be kikin yur maingy ass, geddit????

(no offense)

LOL LOL
Old 03-27-2001, 06:51 PM   #12
Epona
Zartan

Ah, well, if it's personal opinions you want, you've come to the right place!

BARDS ROCK!
What more can I say. Bit of a fighter, bit of a spellcaster, bit of a thief, good with a lute or flute, all round loveable rogue and campfire or tavern storyteller, what more could you want from an RPG? And you get what is IMHO the best stronghold.

Your pockets will never be empty of coin, and your hearts never empty of cheer!
He/she is also well versed in folklore and legends, having learned of mystical and magical items through song and story, so you can ditch those Identify scrolls. Everyone loves a bard, even when he's emptying their pockets!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas.
Old 03-27-2001, 07:28 PM   #13
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Do i get stuck defending the sorcerers? what more do you want a wizard that doesent have to choose which spells to memorize? and they are sons/daughters of powerful beings like dragons or gods (humm you are a child of Bhall humm) as for weapons the staff prefurably the staff of the magi and of corse the robes of the alinment you are.
Old 03-27-2001, 07:35 PM   #14
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

socerer what??

bah, in BGII, socerers are SO freaking wrongly implemented

just answer me, HOW can they possibly learn "Melf's Acid Arrow" "Agonnazor's hand" "Tensor transformaion" "Aska's Disintegrating" and all those "invented" spells?

also, dragons and gods' descendants DO NOT necciserrily make socerers.
Old 03-27-2001, 07:47 PM   #15
Blade
Emerald Dragon

I know that gods and dragons decendents aren't allways sorcers. Also all spells are man (or nongod made) or at least most of them are. As to there implementing they are just like mages not the classes fault of human error
Old 03-27-2001, 08:03 PM   #16
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

not all spells are man-made

the beginning of magic started from elven society. magic works in all things in Toril, and they are channeled by something called Weave. through weave, creatures can touch the portion of great magic that flows in the world. and elves and dragons were the two prime races accessed weave. elves are people of magic, they born with the gift. to elf, magic is like water, wind and earth to human. so the began of magic was something called High Magic, those exceptionally talented elf could work with weave, and command weave to do their bidding. at that time, no spells were "spells" as we call today.

spells were not really created until the age of Nethril, humans learnt magic from High Mages at Cormanthyr. They quickly mastered the art of weave, and their skills even amazed their mentors. -3533 DR, Nether scrolls were discovered at elven ruin of Aryvandaar, and humans learnt more powerful (and corruptive) magic. they no longer needed elves. and soon, the greatest nethril Arcanist Ioulaum created first Mythallar, which could directly use mythals from weave. the device could let magic flow almost hundreds times as before. soon after, many flying cities created by Mythallar appeared in the sky of Nethril, which was one of the most remarkable thing of Nether Age and Mythal Age. that was when numerous spells were created, ones such as Aska's Dingtegret, Carbury's spook, Chever's contact other plane, Lefeber's contigency were created...

magic are to be used, spells are created, socerers SHOULD NOT USE SPELLS!
Old 03-27-2001, 08:18 PM   #17
Blade
Emerald Dragon

How would they use magic then? Have a totally different "spell" set for sorcers?
Old 03-27-2001, 08:21 PM   #18
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

i dont know... me thinking is a totally different spell progression system for socerer
Old 03-27-2001, 08:24 PM   #19
Blade
Emerald Dragon

That would be fun. Give more depth to the charecter other then a fansy mage. Perhaps restrict the spell set?
Old 03-27-2001, 09:44 PM   #20
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

my favorite thing is shadow keeper. it makes me feel like god.
but really. i love fighter/mage/bountyhunter (requires shadow keeper) but what fun!!

------------------