Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-08-2001, 07:11 AM   #31
Drake
Baaz Draconian

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. That makes me unhappy.
Old 02-08-2001, 07:49 AM   #32
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

ouch!!!!
Old 02-08-2001, 10:54 AM   #33
RAISTLIN

I liked the games but on a different level(MAYBE). The story line is okay but what really matters to me is being able to continue character development. I can't stand starting new games where your character has no cash, weapons, or armor and regularly gets killed fighting monsters with 2 hit dice. My only hope is that someone comes out with some new twists that allow importing. I could even stand losing five or ten levels and forgetting some spells and losing some items, but to start all over bothers me. I originally bought these games becasue they allowed the continued advancement of characters. I play raistlin from dragonlance and if youhave read it you know he is on a quest to be a god. Obviously i can't get there from here.

Old 02-08-2001, 11:01 AM   #34
Hellfire
Elite Waterdeep Guard

yes,i read DragonLance and like Raistlin,you don't quite get there,i don't like it that you play this charcter and have to stop a SERIES but in thery you can continue in NWN at who knows maybe you'll finaly face Takhisis,then again maybe we'll see something from DragonLance instead of pretending
Old 02-08-2001, 11:02 AM   #35
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well as sad as I am for these news I can understand it. And well Baldurs gate have been well adventured by most of us here for awhile and a new setting could prove to just as entartaining, maybe even better. Anyone rember the feeling when you started out Baldurs Gate for the forst time?(Or BG2 if that was your first game) Mine was:
1. Damn, this is big!!!
2. Oh my god, it´s good, I have to lay yet one more hour, one more...

So, hopefully they wont abandon us Roleplayers out here and continue to give us more interesting games. Personally I would like a "free" game in the Dragonlance or Ravenloft world. Or perhaps something completly new with DoD 3:ed rules..
Old 02-08-2001, 11:08 AM   #36
Moggl

BG3 or 'only an expansion': one things keeps me interested: at the end of BG2, there is a variable stored in your save-game as well as in your exported character file:

HADPEOPLEBEFOREHELL=1

this seems at least to indicate that the story (unlike TOTSC) will continue PAST Irenicus' demise.

Old 02-08-2001, 03:26 PM   #37
Elite Waterdeep Guard

what about an expansion that does extend into other/higher planes/realms? I just dug out my Unearthed Arcana and Deities & Demi-Gods books (last ones i bought playing pnp). Chars on a quest for saint/godhood would needs the celestial planes bestrode to search out for fight/favor of their particular pantheon. Loosing a fight with or favor of a deity has almost never resulted in outright oblivion for the luckless looser, nicht wahr? recall this line, done many ways and times- I'm not going to kill you, that would be too easy and just end your suffering. Oh no, you must be ALIVE to truly suffer the full extent of your fate.... POOF!!, big puff of smoke, and the up-to-now indestructable 27lvl mage with every magic goody has become a frightened hafling one step ahead of the hungry kobolds in some backwoods somewhere. Quest back from that one, buddy! That would certainly test your strategizing muscle. Or is that just way to deaux ex machina (sp?). Whaddya think? doable? playable?
Old 02-08-2001, 03:58 PM   #38
Stealth Bomber

For some intresting previews of other RPG's due this year click here. Don't forget to vote for your most eagerly awaited RPG in their poll. Hopefully this will lessen the blow!

Old 02-08-2001, 05:20 PM   #39
valsorim

I hope they'll at least make more Forgotten Realms RPG's...