Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2003, 01:09 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Since if I even INSTALL SoU, people without it can't join the game, so I uninstalled it and installed it on my other PC.

So everyone can once again play the mod! I added a few things as well! Anyone with or without SoU can play our mod now! WEE! [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 01:39 AM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yay [img]smile.gif[/img] . I knew there was something wrong. So tell me, did you actually edit the mod with SOU in order to flag it an SOU mod...or does it flag it as soon as you install SOU on top of NWN's without even making any changes?
Just wondering, since I'm getting my copy pretty soon I'll need to know.
Old 06-20-2003, 06:37 AM   #3
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

I think Ziroc mentioned earlier that he didn't make any changes [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 11:37 PM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
Yay [img]smile.gif[/img] . I knew there was something wrong. So tell me, did you actually edit the mod with SOU in order to flag it an SOU mod...or does it flag it as soon as you install SOU on top of NWN's without even making any changes?
Just wondering, since I'm getting my copy pretty soon I'll need to know.
Nope, didn't touch the module at all. Which is stupid IMO. They could have coded in the option of running a clean server or a SoU server.

Ah well, no biggy. See ya in the water well!

[ 06-20-2003, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

Old 06-22-2003, 09:58 PM   #5
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Lots of question marks, and lots...I have been to lvl 8 twice today, and found myself teleported to lvl 2. What's up on that? Can't remember that happening before. Frustrating the 2nd time, is it supposed to do that, a trap or something? AAARRRRGGGGHHHH
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 10:35 AM   #6
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by robertthebard:
Lots of question marks, and lots...I have been to lvl 8 twice today, and found myself teleported to lvl 2. What's up on that? Can't remember that happening before. Frustrating the 2nd time, is it supposed to do that, a trap or something? AAARRRRGGGGHHHH
Whoa! Tell me exactly where you got transfered to level 2!! Was it a door? If so, which one.

I guess the upgrade may have messed with some tags, because I double checked them before the upgrade. ACK!!

Old 06-23-2003, 02:29 PM   #7
StigTC

Did you reinstall SoU, I can't get in and it says I'm missing a "required expansion pack".

[EDIT] Doh, I just checked http://www.ironworksforum.com/cgi-bi...tus.dll/status and it says the server name is "Escape From Undermountain -SoU- v2.1" so I guess you did.[/EDIT]

[ 06-23-2003, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: StigTC ]
One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight, <br />Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. <br />The deaf policeman heard the noise, and came and shot those two dead boys. <br />If you don\'t believe this joke is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too!
StigTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 03:05 PM   #8
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Ziroc, thought you may be interested in this. I pasted it from a thread on the Bioware forums.

Originally posted by Derek French, Assistant Producer:

Quote:
For those of you who have the NWN: SoU expansion installed, and want to prevent your current non-SoU module from being flagged as "requiring SoU", here are two batch files you can create to activate/deactivate your SoU installation.

NWToolsetOrig.bat

@echo off
copy /y xp1.key _xp1.key
del xp1.key
start nwtoolset.exe

NWToolsetSoU.bat

@echo off
copy /y _xp1.key xp1.key
start nwtoolset.exe

We were just made aware of an issue. All the resouces you will need to make non-SOU work properly are in the patch.bif/patch.key files from the Live 1.30 Update, which will be available today. To make this work in the expected manner, you will need to get your hands on this patch.bif and patch.key.

One way, is to Update your original Neverwinter install to 1.30, then install SoU.

Please note, that the change to the 'xp1.key' file will affect the Neverwinter Nights game as well.
Please note, that the "start" command won't work for all OS's. If the batch file fails, just remove the 'start' command from the batch files.

If you just want the status of the SoU install to be flipped between detected and not-detected by these two batch files, then please remove the lines for nwtoolset.exe

We will see if we can come up with a more elegant solution in a future Update.
Like yourself, people are angry and bitching and rightly so. They messed up here big-time and obviously didn't think or test anything through before releasing the expansion. All that you have to do is simply INSTALL SOU and your mod is tagged as needing the expansion. Well I'm gonna use this method for now.

[ 06-23-2003, 11:42 PM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 06-23-2003, 11:13 PM   #9
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Spoiler Alert
_
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
--
-
inside the tree, just outside the door to the Undead Clerics, at the end of the level, and it was happening tonite, too. Just before the server went down, group inside the tree were talking about it. Is a cool idea for a trap, if we had lvl warpers, otherwise, just discouraging. Happened to me twice yesterday, and never made it that far today.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote