Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 02-11-2005, 05:02 PM   #151
Neomi
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Midget Gems:
I set out to play from start to finish with a low level party. No Level-ups allowed, so my companions were at Level 2 throughout.
Midget Gems, lets have some more detail! I'd be very interested to hear how your "No level-ups" (NLU) game went compared to mine...

Start a new thread, please!
Old 02-13-2005, 04:40 AM   #152
Black Robed One
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by krunchyfrogg:
Sarevok is the son of a deity, and he's got pretty good stats.

If you've played ToB, there's a city with a ton of Bhaalspawn in it, and most of 'em are commoners.

The protagonists stats should be largely varied. There are some people who enjoy playing a guy with really high stats, there are some who hate it.

It's your game, have fun with whatever you like.
An excellent point here, krunchyfrogg! But anyway, to bring this thread back on topic, here is my newest favorite character:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mimiru

Race: Half-elf (wood)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Class (Level): Fighter (6)

Strength: 18/14
Dexterity: 18
Constitution: 13
Intelligence: 13
Wisdom: 7
Charisma: 15

THAC0 (with +1 Bastard Sword): 10
Attacks (with +1 Bastard Sword): 1.5
Lore: 0
Armor Class: 1
Hit Points: 60

Weapon Proficiencies:
Large Sword ++++
Bow ++

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mimiru and her friends (Coran, Imoen, Garrick, Minsc, and Jaheira) are currently in the process of dealing with spider infestation in the Cloakwood. After I finish the game with her, I may start it again, eventually brining Mimiru's attributes to (18/14, 20, 14, 14, 10, 16) by the time she is in Balduer's Gate II. Then again, I may choose not to do it; Mimiru is a fun character to play regardless of attributes!
Old 02-16-2005, 08:31 PM   #153
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Robed One:
Mimiru and her friends (Coran, Imoen, Garrick, Minsc, and Jaheira) are currently in the process of dealing with spider infestation in the Cloakwood. After I finish the game with her, I may start it again, eventually brining Mimiru's attributes to (18/14, 20, 14, 14, 10, 16) by the time she is in Balduer's Gate II. Then again, I may choose not to do it; Mimiru is a fun character to play regardless of attributes!
Any particular reason you feel cheating the Dexterity score up to 20 is acceptable? Not to worry, maybe Mimiru will be fun to play with a Strength and Dexterity score of 19 instead
Dace De'Briago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 06:34 PM   #154
Tom-Slayer
Manshoon

Can i ask why the str is 18/14?
Old 04-05-2005, 02:34 AM   #155
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

because when DnD people got tired of people maxing out strength all the time the decided to add a percentage too so somebody with 18/14 is not as strong as one with 18/45. 18/00 is the best as it means 18/100.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:34 PM   #156
Demonheart
Elite Waterdeep Guard

my all time favourite.

Thorin
Dwarf
Fighter/Cleric
(can't remember levels, however high the exp cap is for totsc.)
blunt weapons **
missile weapons **
some other unimportant stuff [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Strength : 19
Dex:18
Con:20
Int: 9 i think
Wis:21
Cha : 9

not the best of rolls, but a real powerhouse nevertheless. with this guy i stormed through bg1, bg2 and ToB solo on insane. i especially liked crafting the big metal unit after all my work [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Demonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 05:17 PM   #157
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

I'm having a ton of fun with my new character, who is a 1/2 Elf Fighter/Mage/Cleric.

He does take a long time to level up, but that's ok. I am having fun with Mr. Versatility, and he just fills in everywhere on my team, which follows the BGII "standard party."

I rolled pretty good stats:

Krunchy F/M/C

S: 16
D: 18
C: 18
I: 16
W: 14
C: 10
Old 05-18-2005, 03:18 PM   #158
Lord Michael
Elminster

I'm probably gonna try a Mage/Thief if this guy dies, but he's my favorite so far:

Michael (not quite a Lord yet...) [img]smile.gif[/img]
Human/Fighter
Neutral Good
Lvl. 7

Str. 18/86
Dex. 19 (Tome)
Con. 19 (Tome)
Int. 12
Wis. 13 (Tome..just got it!)
Chr. 16 (Tome and Algernon's Cloak)

Large Sword ++++
Bow +
Spiked Weapons + (I love flails.. skull crushers)

Favorite Beverage: Elminster's Choice Beer
[img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 05-19-2005, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: Lord Michael ]

"Better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"
Lord Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 08:02 PM   #159
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

I have an Elven Thief named Kyrvias with stats of:

Str: 14 (no tomb)
Dex: 19 (20 with tomb)
Con: 16 (no tomb)
Int: 12 (no tomb)
Wis: 10 (13 with tomb)
Chr: 18 (19 with tomb)

*'s in Small swords, bows, and daggers.

95% in Stealth
80% in Find Traps

I like stealthing.

Its too bad you can't multi task and stealth + find traps...
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 01:52 PM   #160
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrvias:
Its too bad you can't multi task and stealth + find traps...
You'll stay hidden for a little while (the higher your stealth, the longer you stay hidden) if you hide, then hit "find traps."