Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 01-13-2005, 05:41 PM   #131
Terthe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've got three I really like, but this is the one i'm playing at the moment...

Clarissa Glassfire

5th(or 6th, can't remember) lvl, Invoker, Female

STR:12
DEX:16(18 with gaunlets)
CON:17
INT:18
WIS:11
CHA:15

Sling +1, Quarter Staff +1, Robes of something, Ring of Protection +1, Ring of wizardry
Old 01-17-2005, 03:46 PM   #132
Midget Gems

At last, I have completed my latest adventure. Inspired by Neomi's 'Company of Prince Humperdink', I set out to play from start to finish with a low level party. No Level-ups allowed, so my companions were at Level 2 throughout.
I think it is fair to say that this character had a little bit of unused potential by the time we had finished. Her stats at end of game were:

Raven : Level 1 Bard
Str = 16
Dex = 18
Con = 15
Int = 18
Wis = 11
Cha = 18
HP = 10
XP Gained (but not used) = 54K
Spells learnt = nil
Weapons used = nil
No. of kills = nil
Bardsong = continuous play

Now I bet you're thinking that a character like this would have no chance against the final Boss; but she stood there, toe to toe with the big guy, took his best shots and recieved no damage. Hit-points, who needs them!
Old 01-17-2005, 05:10 PM   #133
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

How'd a level 1 bard get 10 HP?
Old 01-18-2005, 03:48 PM   #134
Midget Gems

At Level 1, I don't think the game follows the rule of 6HP max. If I create a Thief or a Bard, then they often start with more than 6HP.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:46 PM   #135
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Midget Gems:
At Level 1, I don't think the game follows the rule of 6HP max. If I create a Thief or a Bard, then they often start with more than 6HP.
There is no rule of 6HP max. The character always starts with the maximum HP allowed by his/her class added to any constitution bonus.
Dace De'Briago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 06:46 PM   #136
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

...which, according to Midget's stats, should have been 7.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:00 AM   #137
Black Robed One
Elite Waterdeep Guard

As usually, when it comes to CRPGs, I prefer to play Baldur’s Gate with different characters at the same time (shifting from one character/saved game to another whenever like), trying out different ways to handle the situations and different party members. But my current favorite is:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alistia

Race: Human
Alignment: Lawful Good (Well, sort of… She behaves more like a Neutral Evil now, but unfortunately, Baldur’s Gate doesn’t allow the change of alignment.)
Class (Level): Fallen Paladin (7)

Strength: 19
Dexterity: 16
Constitution: 16
Intelligence: 10
Wisdom: 13
Charisma: 19

THAC0 (with her prime weapon – Spider’s Bane): 5
Attacks (with her prime weapon – Spider’s Bane): 2
Lore: 7
Armor Class: -3
Hit Points: 84

Weapon Proficiencies:
Large Sword +++
Bow ++
Spear +

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently, Alistia is once again trying to kill Sarevok; having failed to do this the first time she tried because of a pair of skeleton warriors that got in her way. She is currently about to return to Baldur’s Gate after putting the Iron Throne’s leaders to blade, intending to kill her “brother” once and for all. Surrounded by trusted companions (black-hearted murderers most of ‘em – Shar-Teel, Faldorn, Edwin, Eldoth, and Tiax), Alistia is VERY confident that skeleton warriors won’t stop her this time…

[ 01-27-2005, 09:03 AM: Message edited by: Black Robed One ]
Old 02-01-2005, 12:28 AM   #138
Orbost
The Magister

Well, I'm new to the game and he is my first and only, so I guess he must be my favourite:

Orbost Quickfire

Half-Elf (coz being a half-breed gives a more interesting background than being a straight elf or human)

Ranger (coz I've always had a thing for ourdoorsey types, and I figured that a fighter-class would be easier to start with)

Neutral Good (coz I'm a nice guy!)

Str 14
Dex 18
Con 17
Wis 11
Int 12
Cha 15

Didn't want to waste time rolling stats. I rerolled for about 1 minute until I got 18 dex (coz I wanted to be a decent archer), and decent str, con and cha. I figure my stats aren't going to win or lose the game for me, as long as I get my tactics right, so why keep rerolling if your basic stats are OK.

Orbost is currently Level 4, hooked up with Imoen, Jaheira, Khalid, Minsc and Dynaheir, and hunting for Capt Brage. (I just found the little girl's dead cat in the waterfall near Nashkel, and she gave me her allowance money as reward - sweet [img]smile.gif[/img] )
Orbost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 01:47 PM   #139
Klorox
Symbol of Cyric

great party, and nice looking character, orbost! good luck!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-- Edmund Burke
Klorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 02:37 PM   #140
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Marty
Elf
Ranger (archer in BG2!)
Stats (I rolled these very easily!)
STR 18/99
DEX 19
CON 17
INT 10
WIS 16
CHA 8

Needless to say, he his having fun in Amn:
STR 19
DEX 20
CON 18
INT 11
WIS 18
CHA 18
Note that the CHA is due to an item. All other stats are due to tomes. 104 stat points!
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote