Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 10-01-2000, 02:54 PM   #1
Philippus

Is it possible to use your BG character in IWD? The file extension (*.chr) is the same but if I try to import my BG character into IWD I get some error.

Does anyone now some trick? Thanx Philippus
Old 10-01-2000, 08:47 PM   #2
Tathlum

I don't think there is anyway to use either character in the other game. I tried it myself. If you notice each one of your IWD characters has a file with the .res extension on it. The BG one's only use the .chr. Also the sound files for the 2 games are very diffrent, more than likely the .chr files are handeled diffrently in the programing. I sure wish they were interchangeable.
Old 10-08-2000, 04:43 PM   #3
Rikard

It's very logical if you think about it
IWB happends before youre bg character is even born let alone became a good fighter