Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 12-11-2001, 10:51 PM   #1
Brett
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok im used to the type of IWD/HOW play, where the quests are fairly quick and always back to back, topped off with a LOT of action(sometimes too much for my taste). But its always thrilling. i Just started playing Bg1 today and im haviong a hard time, im not sure if i like it. I like how you arnt tied down to a paticuliar quest, but i also dont like all the loose ends if i miss something. Also is there any items in the begginning(like boots of speed?) that i could get so i can clear the screens a little faster? I think then ill enjoy it a bit more. i must say i love the npcs, but if i take my multiplayer file and transfer another char(just one) into my saved game will i still get the chance to get npc's? thanks for the help.
Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 11:51 PM   #2
nightshift001
The Magister

Ok dude here are a few pointers to get started.........
To speed up the game just go into the config area and up the frame rate.
To begin i dont believe in more than one personal character in the bg games as it is pivitol to the storyline.
Npcs are fun too.
Do everything u can in candlekeep...be nice to imoen...shell join ya after gorion is wasted.
Head nth along the path and ull run into Xzar and montaron....two evil npcs who give u potions and will join u if ya want.Take em for back up and stick to what gorion said....go to the friendly arm inn...meet khalid and jaheria.
After this head to nashkell and solve their mines problem.
Ur on ur own now.......good questing.
nightshift
nightshift001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 12:03 AM   #3
Brett
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ahh exactly what i was looking for. thank you [img]smile.gif[/img]
Brett is offline   Reply With Quote