Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-30-2001, 12:35 PM   #1
Melusine
Dracolisk

OK - I hope someone here has finished the Anomen romance because I need help with it. For all the rest of you, THIS TOPIC CONTAINS SPOILERS ABOUT THE ANOMEN ROMANCE! Thank you.

Anyway, I thought I had done the right thing in advicing Anomen not to take revenge on Saerk, who had supposedly killed Anomen's sister Moira. I thought that would be the only way to get him accepted in the Order, too. All went well, Anomen was made a knight and thanked me for restraining him when he was seeking vengeance. But now (after some days gametime) a messenger arrived and told him Lord Cor, his father, had found out there was conclusive proof of Saerk being the murderer and had died himself in an attempt to take revenge. Anomen told me he had been stupid to have listened to me and the Order, that he should have avenged his sister instead, and that he would fulfill his duty to her and his father now. He left after that and I quickly travelled to the Saerk estate in the Bridge District. Here, I found them both, and I told Anomen I would help him. The party killed Saerk, but after that, Anomen told me he couldn't stay with me any longer and neither could he stay in the order. As he left, all his items were put in my inventory, and that's why I'm seriously worried that I've done something wrong somewhere and he won't come back.
Now, I have played my PC all the way through BG1/TOTSC and I was going to take her into TOB, but since I'm making much of the roleplaying, I do want the romance to continue into the expansion. Otherwise I wouldn't have cared if Anomen left, but I really want him back now! Does anybody know where things went wrong?

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art

[This message has been edited by Melusine (edited 10-30-2001).]
Old 10-30-2001, 12:39 PM   #2
Epona
Zartan

You know what - I played through the entire Anomen romance (I know I'm a sappy cow - I needed earplugs so I couldn't hear him yapping) and this never happened. I was using the unpatched game, so maybe that explains it. I don't mean that he didn't leave, I mean that after he was accepted into the Order, nothing else happened.
No father trying to take revenge, nothing about Saerk, nothing.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-30-2001, 12:44 PM   #3
Tsantlar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

*SPOILER*
Actually if I remember correctly, and others can correct me if I don't, I believe you needed to talk Anomen out of taking revenge the second time when you caught up with him at the Saerk estate in the Bridge District. I don't know the particulars, but I believe that is the only way to keep him with you and still stay in the order.
Old 10-30-2001, 12:50 PM   #4
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Tsantlar:
*SPOILER*
Actually if I remember correctly, and others can correct me if I don't, I believe you needed to talk Anomen out of taking revenge the second time when you caught up with him at the Saerk estate in the Bridge District. I don't know the particulars, but I believe that is the only way to keep him with you and still stay in the order.
After you catch up with him? Uh-oh - think that's where I went wrong...
When the messenger arrived, I was in the Temple District. After Anomen left, I immediately travveled to the Bridge District and used Ctrl-J to jump stright to the stairs of Saerk's estate, and entered straightaway. So you're saying I can find Anomen somewhere in the Bridge District before that, and stop him in time?

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 10-30-2001, 02:16 PM   #5
Legolas the Elven Archer

If I were you, I'd ditch him
You're way too good for him and what kind of guy would leave you behind like that

I think he's still around somewhere. After all, if you're supposed to follow him Anomen can't let you lose sight of him. Go get 'em, girl

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Legolas:
Supreme Ranger-Protector of the Ironworks
Maintainer of the as of the now opened Ranger-Protector of the Ironworks Clan Website
Recruiter of Rangers