Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-27-2001, 06:27 PM   #1
smooveb
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi everyone,

thinking you guys are the experts, I'll ask you a couple questions. I've heard much about a Kensai/Mage dual at lvl 9, and perhaps a swashbuckler/fighter multi? Is that impossible?

Anyway, I'm starting anew, after building new comp. I want the most powerful and versitile char I chan get. Basically want someone I can sick on tough foes and count on. To multi or dual, and what are some of the most powerful combos in the game? Thanks much for any advice!

B
Old 09-27-2001, 07:34 PM   #2
deathknight
Drow Warrior

Personally I feel that dual class characters are MUCH stronger than multiclass. Multiclass characters just level up too slowly. At some point you will tend to need 1 classes abilities more than the others (take for instance the kensai mage. by the end of the game you will find yourself casting a great deal of spells in the tough fights and the kensai stats will be just fine for any other combat duties). If you can manage to wait that longer I like dualing a kensai mage at level 12 better than 9 but it will be late in the game before you regain your kensai stats.

also I like a ranger/cleric dual class combination. berserker/thief or kensai/thief works nice as well.
Old 09-27-2001, 08:18 PM   #3
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

I think that cleric combos are quite good. Only weapon restrictions, but can use heavy armor and still cast spells.

------------------
The malt beer lord has come!
Ruby Skald of the ALSB
Old 09-27-2001, 08:20 PM   #4
Kitka
Dungeon Master

i like the multi class fighter mage thief , but as above, the leveling can be a lot slower. still, in a small party, like only four of you, it works good. and because you will keep leveling, you dont end up feeling like you lost out on anything. you do keep improving, can backstab, cast invisibility on yourself, wear armour in a pinch, and use all the best weapons.

if you get/got tob, your special abilities pool will be excellent to choose from, as you get all of them. (fighter, mage and thief)
Old 09-28-2001, 12:38 PM   #5
smooveb
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks guys, good info. But what's the toughest player type in the game? If I decide to solo, it will help me to know
Old 09-28-2001, 05:59 PM   #6
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well now I would have to say it would be a barbarian, especially half-orc ones, but either way, only play with them if you dont mind playing a TOTAL idiot with half the intelligence of a cow and twice the smell
Old 09-28-2001, 06:38 PM   #7
deathknight
Drow Warrior

When you say toughest I assume you mean the strongest and not the hardest to play? Alot of people like to solo with the kensai mage. Swashbuckler/ckeric is another class people play solo sometimes. A monk is probably less versatile but is also capable of soloing. some people use fighter/mage/thief chars although I tend to dislike multi classed chars (solo probably isn't as big of a deal if you don't have an xp cap at least).