Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2001, 03:33 AM   #21
machinehead
Drizzt Do'Urden

What about Asteroids? I bet I pumped enough quarters into that machine to pay it off for the outfit that owned it!!!
Old 09-11-2001, 04:09 AM   #22
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

Wow some of my favorites,only one I would add would be slither.One of the first arcade games to use a track ball oh and donkey kong ohh and pole position.My favs were temptest,cenipede,galaga 1&2,tron and death star for coin ops.For consol I just have too many to list,besides I still play them.My intellivision,and colecovision and all games are still in working order,(not that i'm a fanatic or anything)with the 8 bit nintendo,8 bit sega,16 bit sega,sega 32x,sega cd,(not that i'm a fanatic)sega saturn,and dreamcast.All hooked up into a switching system a friend made so at the push of a button you go to whatever platform you like.

------------------
Trust is indeed a shiny jewel,set in the stone of friendship.And much like any other stone can be use to crush the skulls of those unsuspecting.To clear the path for me to claim my rightfull place as master of all I survey.

..........O,_
......_.L.=\_:
~~(_)==(_)

[This message has been edited by sageridder (edited 09-11-2001).]
Old 09-11-2001, 04:16 AM   #23
machinehead
Drizzt Do'Urden

Sageridder - Not a fanatic? oooook
Old 09-11-2001, 05:05 AM   #24
Moiraine
Anubis

A blast from the past ? Lode Runner !!!

(I haven't played an arcade game in AGES ! )

------------------

The world is my oyster !
Old 09-11-2001, 06:27 AM   #25
skywalker
Banned User

Wasted a lot of quarters playing the Popeye arcade game. Later on, I liked a game called Crossbow. You had to shoot all the dangerous creatures menacing your friends as they walked across the screen.

Has anyone heard of M.A.M.E? It is the best arcade emulation machine for the PC that I've played. I'm not sure where you can find it now, but I have all kinds of arcade games downloaded on my computer.

Mark
Old 09-11-2001, 07:22 AM   #26
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:
I dont think this was an arcade game,it was on Artire (I am not sure how you spell it but its pournouced 'A-tar-e', you all know what I am talking about)

I have forgoten its name But I rember my brother playing a game on there where the was this block in the middle of the screen and two 'tanks' would go around it shooting each other, my brother and his friends would play that for HOURS and HOURS.

Hehe..they never let me play...

Hey! I've got that one at home!!! I can't remember if it's Tank Command or what the name is (I can look it up when I get home and post back then). I've also got Air/Sea Combat. Boats v. Boats, Planes v. Planes or Boats v. Planes. It was a neat game, but the graphics back then! Oy!

P.S. My personal faves were Yar's Revenge, Q-Bert, Centipede, Galaga and Gyruss.

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

"I'm INVINCIBLE! ... You're a LOONEY!"

Dare to dream. Be bold enough to try.

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

[This message has been edited by DragonMage (edited 09-11-2001).]