Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-10-2001, 03:51 PM   #11
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Conan:
Oh how I miss driving country roads. Where all you see is wildlife and nice people waving at you when you drive by.
Did you read my post above yours?

Country roads ain't what they used to be darlin'.

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

"I'm INVINCIBLE! ... You're a LOONEY!"

Dare to dream. Be bold enough to try.

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

[This message has been edited by DragonMage (edited 09-10-2001).]
Old 09-10-2001, 04:03 PM   #12
nick1979
Zhentarim Guard

Road rage is one thing, but killing someone is just crazy. I might get crazy and scream at some idiot, but thses folks are nutz!!!! Too much Mad Max

------------------

TD..TD...
Old 09-10-2001, 04:45 PM   #13
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
was that 1050 years or 10-50 years??? if he dies after 100 years and comes back from the dead, does he have to go back to prison untill the full eon + 50 has passed?

yes. the jury gave him 750 years for dragging the lady 700 feet. and the judge added on 300 years for other offences.

------------------

Get The IronWorks Winamp skin
Slackerboys Custom Characters
Old 09-10-2001, 05:54 PM   #14
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Stuff. That's pretty hefty.

Road rage is for the weak minded.

Weak Minded?!? What does ya mean by that? I’s not weak minded! I’s a just git’in those uns back fors not drivins the way I’s wanted them to.

Yeah, it’s a shame that some feel so slighted in traffic that they find themselves compelled to volatility. Here in Minneapolis a Doctor actually ran an elderly lady off the road (she had unintentionally cut him off) where he proceeded to get out of his car, walk angrily over to hers, and punch her in the face. That guy needs some serious counseling and perhaps a well administered beating.

------------------
Old 09-10-2001, 05:57 PM   #15
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

ahh crap... im probably gonna spend the next few eons in prison then...

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.

Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Old 09-10-2001, 05:58 PM   #16
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
was that 1050 years or 10-50 years??? if he dies after 100 years and comes back from the dead, does he have to go back to prison untill the full eon + 50 has passed?

err magick, a Millennium is 1000 years. not sure how long an Eon is tho... i looked it up and it just said a really long period of time! stupid school dictionaries...

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.

Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Old 09-10-2001, 07:23 PM   #17
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by onthepequod:
Weak Minded?!? What does ya mean by that? I’s not weak minded! I’s a just git’in those uns back fors not drivins the way I’s wanted them to.

Yeah, it’s a shame that some feel so slighted in traffic that they find themselves compelled to volatility. Here in Minneapolis a Doctor actually ran an elderly lady off the road (she had unintentionally cut him off) where he proceeded to get out of his car, walk angrily over to hers, and punch her in the face. That guy needs some serious counseling and perhaps a well administered beating.

I was thinking of the same incident while reading this thread, OTP. That guy should be locked away for a very long time...I am glad they caught him! Didn't he fly out that same day for CA or something like that too...what as ass!

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!
Old 09-10-2001, 08:22 PM   #18
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I know I have been a bad boy for getting my revenge on an enraged driver.
Once, I was tailgated by a guy, as I was in the left hand lane, passing three transfers in the right lane. A guy behind me decided I was not passing fast enough...and began to bright-light me, as well as near himself to my car several times. My reaction to this was to slow down at the same speed as the transfers, thus blocking the guy behind for several miles . Finally, my fun ended, and I finally past. He flew past me, and was shaking his fist at me from his window. Then he was in front of me... I put on my brights and followed tail. He rammed his brake through the floor, trying to stop in the middle of the road, and I quickly passed him standing still, took the first exit ramp off the Highway, and made an elusive weave through several side roads, just to ensure I was not being followed. I even pulled over, cut my lights, and sat for a while, just to see if he was in pursuit. He never found me
Sorry, but I love revenge...

------------------

Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 09-10-2001).]
Old 09-10-2001, 08:42 PM   #19
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

DragonMage - Man, that sounds like a scary experience. Especially the part where the guy pulls over and gestures wildly for yall to pull over (yeah right freako). It is amazing just how many people though actually act like this in traffic.

I, like Conan, live in the D.C. metropolitan area. I could probably write down a daily "driving incident" diary, something I see every day. So many people are either aggressive and in a huge hurry, or they are not paying any attention to what they are doing (talking on a cellphone, changing the radio station, diggin in the glove box, picking their arse, I DUNNO, but MAN do they do stupid things on the road!)

I have to file things almost every evening after work at the Patent Office. I have to go through this particular light that used to be two lanes, one for turning right, and one for going straight or left. Well, they are building a highrise now, and took one of the lanes away. So now I sit there and get beeped at by idiots that don't know I am going straight (I guess). I mean, I'm not running a red light and going through a very large intersection because you want to turn right, OK?? Anyways, I actually got not only beeped, but Bumped last week. This guy in dark sunglasses in a black sportscar actually thought to physically push me to go. Well, I didn't get out of the car or make a scene, as you never know who these freaks are nor what they are going to do. But he did see pretty good one of my fingers.

Conan - I took the subway into Crystal City from Dunn Loring for a good 8 years. In many ways it is better than traffic, but in many ways it is not. Guess it depends on how far you are goin and how close you live to a metro station. Dunn Loring always filled up its parking spaces early on, but I lived nearby, bout a 15 minute walk, so didn't have to worry about parking. But it was CROWDED!! Standing room only in the mornings, and the train started empty at Vienna, only one station from Dunn Loring! And in the evenings, in Crystal City station, MAN!! I'd be goin down the escalator and it was packed up, no where to go, nevertheless when the train comes. Huh! Good luck gettin in that with all those hoards. Worse thing was I remember, was that if you are on the train, like three or four seats down, and your stop comes up, and you get up to leave. Then like 50 frikken mothas pour in like so much cattle, and you can't even get out the door, and you hear that telltale "ding dong, Better Get Out Quick Dong". I actually seriously had to get viscious, and push and shove and cuss my way out of that door. Is a madhouse. Conan, tell me please that they have added more trains, and it is not that way anymore?

------------------
Old 09-10-2001, 09:12 PM   #20
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

1050 year imprisonment? Why Tempast was sealed for 6 centuries!

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

The Spaminyte Emperor
Fish?
Welcome to your doom!!!
Official villain/demon of IW!